Jecklin Float Owners Headcount - fuglyphones owners unite
Jan 7, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #121 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by SVghost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pardon my newbish ness...but were talkin that these crazy lookin things things make +500$ cans sound like skullcandys?! Really? Is there ne bass whatsoever? Its startin to seem like as SQ go up, bass go down. (not good sq without it all IMO)

No.

But smaller drivers are easier to control, while bigger drivers produce more bass.

When you decrease, or in this case, almost completely remove the seals around the driver, you lose a lot of bass.

Bass isn't like other sounds. midrange and treble are basically fast moving, and move in the direction you pointed them, more or less.

Bass is slow, and goes in every direction at once.

That means that the bass coming out the back of the driver is going forward as well, and cancels out some of the bass that was going toward your ear if there's nothing there to block, attenuate, or delay it - which is the case with most floats.

You can overcome this if you have a metric buttload of bass. That's how speakers do it. this is why some floats like the Ergo AMT have huge drivers, and why PMB tried making a dual-driver float.

It's why the top-end 'stats have really big drivers.

This is why i say that anyone who says they hear ample low bass out of a K1000 is either lying, deluded, or doesn't know what they're talking about. It's a bassy driver, but it's not that bassy.

Jan 7, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #123 of 175
My Jecklin Float will be 20 years old in a few days. It’s a Model Two, I remember I got it for my birthday, in 1988.

It's worked flawlessy for years and, in 2005, I had it checked and revamped with new foams. A nice job, so I can still enjoy it, time to time. Ok maybe it sounds a bit old style, the bass could be better defined and deeper, generally it's not a revealing and crystal-clear can, but it offers great comfort and a lot of involvement.

No pics, for the moment, but have look at this… Jecklin Float Model II - Wikiphonia

Jan 7, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #124 of 175
Do owners of Jecklin Float mind if I put their pics in Wikiphonia to preserve for ever and ever? Let me know via PM if you object or forever hold your peace.
duggehsmile.png

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #127 of 175
I could never run for office. Not because of the jecklins - because i keep it too real, and like people can't take what I'm laying down.

Mar 9, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #128 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could never run for office. Not because of the jecklins - because i keep it too real, and like people can't take what I'm laying down.

Holy ****, I almost died reading this.

Proud owner of Jecklin Float Electrostat PS2 here.

Mar 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #131 of 175
Don't know yet. It's not in very good condition. Probably keep it for spares. I'll probably end up with another one someday.

Jul 2, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #132 of 175
Hey guys, reviving this thread because the Ergo 1 and 2 have gotten my attention.

Has anyone had the both (1 & 2), and can give a comparison between both? Is the price difference worth it?

Anyone still using these are did you get bored of their sound?
Has anyone also heard the DT48E and how do these cans do against the precide?

Sorry for so many questions but need to know. Might put this HPs in my "to buy list".
And finally any good online shop where they will sell them for less than ~260€ shipped inside europe?

Thnks in advanced

Jul 3, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #133 of 175
I still use mine all the time. The only downside to buying them has been that I rarely feel the need to visit head-fi as often. I paid $350 or about 250Eur so sounds pretty close.

Jul 3, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #134 of 175
Thnks for the update
smily_headphones1.gif

I assume if I buy it from the same source as you I would have to pay a lot on shipping...

Then I read somewhere someone bought theirs from Sugden Audio UK, how? Aren't they only retailers of Sudge amplifiers? Any help with finding the cheapest will be highly appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: Apostate, that is no downside, it is indeed great news!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #135 of 175
Well, I checked for prices and the cheapest Ergo 2 I have seen has been on Stone Audio UK @ 185 GBP.

Anyone else know any site where they sell it cheaper?

EDIT: Also checked the site stoneaudio and seem to have bad reputation. SO anyone had good treat from sugden audio (if they actually sell precide phones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back