jealous rant
Mar 2, 2005 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

UserNotFound

100+ Head-Fier
I'm incredibly jealous of my friend that ordered a 40gig iPod 2 weeks ago, and for whatever reason, Apple cancelled that order and replaced it with a 60 gig photo for the same $349 price. Those things were $600 not too long ago
frown.gif
He doesn't even have 5 gigs of mp3's, and doesn't plan on using it to store files...so i'm guessing he's plannning a massive downloading spree or something. So jealous...

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:09 AM Post #2 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNotFound
I'm incredibly jealous of my friend that ordered a 40gig iPod 2 weeks ago, and for whatever reason, Apple cancelled that order and replaced it with a 60 gig photo for the same $349 price. Those things were $600 not too long ago
frown.gif
He doesn't even have 5 gigs of mp3's, and doesn't plan on using it to store files...so i'm guessing he's plannning a massive downloading spree or something. So jealous...

I seriously don't understand people like that. "Oh, I only have 400MB of music, but I'm getting the iPod Mini! Hm, that might be too small, maybe the 20GB version!"

It just confuses me.

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:13 AM Post #4 of 45
So maybe we just want that room for future use. I have a 20 gig and probably have about 2 gigs of music on it. I will fill it up eventually. I just like to always have room for expandability.

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #5 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog311
So maybe we just want that room for future use. I have a 20 gig and probably have about 2 gigs of music on it. I will fill it up eventually. I just like to always have room for expandability.

That's a different perspective than most of the people who do this.

You're on head-fi. They're not. They're not going to need the headroom.

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #6 of 45
My girlfriend got a 20gig ipod for xmas last year. she probably has 500 songs, and about 450 of those are from me. and she still listens to her cd player most of the time!
And of course, at this point I was sitting there with 13gigs of music and a 256mb iriver. I was very jealous. And actually, I was more excited when she got it than she was..i probably spent more time playing with it than she did. Argh!

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:35 AM Post #7 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by IstariAsuka

You're on head-fi. They're not. They're not going to need the headroom.

I'd edit this post, I can see major flames coming your way!

That's a pretty narrow minded statement to make though. Just because we're on Head-Fi, does the mean we have a lot of music? My roomie (who's never heard of Head-Fi) has over 5,000 songs on his computer. But, since he's not on Head-Fi, does that mean he doesn't need an iPod or HDD-based DAP?

Mar 2, 2005 at 6:18 AM Post #9 of 45
I got a 20GB MP3 player when I had 6 or so gigs of music. A 6 months later, my collection was bordering on 24GBs. I've long since sold that MP3 player, and without an MP3 player or much free time, am selling all the CDs that made up the extra GBs. The point is, you never really know what will happen. All my music came from the original CDs.

Mar 2, 2005 at 6:33 AM Post #10 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by eCs_LCS
I hate people that do that. I go up to people with ipods(not minis) and im like how many songs do u have and their like 200 or something. Im like What?

Wow, that's just so khool. You raawk.

Mar 2, 2005 at 8:43 AM Post #11 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i wish the HD manufacturers would get their butts in gear. i want to rerip all of my music in ALAC, which means i'm going to need a 400 gb iPod.

Get their butts in gear? Of course they could do it but the cost would be prohibitive. You're telling me you'd pay a couple of grand for a 400 GB iPod?

Mar 2, 2005 at 10:18 AM Post #13 of 45
When got my zen touch 20gb, on the first day I filled it up to 18gb within a few hours! Having more than 5gb for isn't really essential, as I'm never gonna listen to it all at once and most HD players these days have quick and effecient music upload methods anyway. But I would find it really cool to have 60gb though, it would allow you to just go crazy with the music transfers, use apple lossless etc etc.

Mar 2, 2005 at 10:28 AM Post #14 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brown Cow
I hate Apple for doing the price restructure. I will never buy an Apple iPod again
mad.gif

That's OK, they will sell even more now that the prices have dropped and probably don't care that you won't buy another one. They've already gotten their money once, whee!

But I agree, if I bought one just before the pricing changes I'd be miffed also.

Still, it's a piece of technology so of course they weren't going to stay the same price forever. It would be like me complaining about buying my X800 XT for $450 and then the next gen of video cards come out and suddenly the price of the XT's drops to $350, thus hurting the resale value. This stuff just happens dude...we have to accept it.

Mar 2, 2005 at 10:29 AM Post #15 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3
But I would find it really cool to have 60gb though, it would allow you to just go crazy with the music transfers, use apple lossless etc etc.

Not if you have a library of 13,000 tracks and still 40% of your CD collection unripped.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back