Jcally EP05 , JC10 Bio-cel Endgame $16 worth $1000!
Oct 1, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #92 of 155
Got mine today. I was expecting some radio like sound :smile: And I was sure I am lucky enough to get a fake :blush:

BUT, absolutely astonishing sound that these little things produce. Its really unbelievable. Open and airy sound, nice details, very fast response. The soundstage is also very big. I am sure I got no fake products, sounds to good to be fake :smile:

Bass is only ok (but not complaining for the price!) and I think the upper mid or treble has some weired tuning going on and they could be a bit less elevated in the treble. Not perfect, but I'd prefer the sound over a LOT of headphones I had in the past.

Edit: They do a fabolous job with music that is not so much dependant on bass. EDM, HipHop etc. works not so good as the bass hits its limits. Is the EP09 even a step up?

Thanks for the recommendation!

1633082802653.png

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #93 of 155
Got mine today. I was expecting some radio like sound :smile: And I was sure I am lucky enough to get a fake :blush:

BUT, absolutely astonishing sound that these little things produce. Its really unbelievable. Open and airy sound, nice details, very fast response. The soundstage is also very big. I am sure I got no fake products, sounds to good to be fake :smile:

Bass is only ok (but not complaining for the price!) and I think the upper mid or treble has some weired tuning going on and they could be a bit less elevated in the treble. Not perfect, but I'd prefer the sound over a LOT of headphones I had in the past.

1633082802653.png
Where did you buy it? Which seller?
I'm thinking to get a second pair to see if I've a fake or not.

Oct 1, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #94 of 155
Oct 2, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #95 of 155

Edit: They do a fabolous job with music that is not so much dependant on bass. EDM, HipHop etc. works not so good as the bass hits its limits. Is the EP09 even a step up?

This guy got the real ones: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jca...ame-16-worth-1000.959655/page-6#post-16585885

You got the fake ones, the good have strong bass rumbles, almost dark sounding like a full size hp. The fake one have light fluffy bass and distorted trebles with plastic timbres when play louder. Easily exposed with the TEST video I posted page back or front page. It can't reproduce the fast cymbals/hihats details, will sounds like smear.
There are at least 3 different types drivers intermixed on the luck of draw.
The real ones can be used for all/any genre music/sounds just like references monitors.

With games Fornite/Gears5/COD/PUBG etc. ,There are rumbles everywhere, just full range audio, sounds better than my hometheater surroundset, because no ambient noise interferences and distant speakers.
You can try EP08/EP09, but the clue here was the supposed bio-film and the unique tuning with the open backgrill filter to get the fullsize hp sound, try closing the backgrill with your finger makes everything sounds schrill and less bass and space, thats what you got with closed backs in those toplines.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #96 of 155
Both my JC10 and EP05 are bought from different sellers and both do not have strong bass. I need to EQ bass by 10dB to get decent bass. Maybe Earbuds don't fit my concha well. I'm doubtful I can get deep bass from these or any buds to rival IEMs when there's no seal.

Oct 2, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #97 of 155
You got the fake ones, the good have strong bass rumbles, almost dark sounding like a full size hp. The fake one have light fluffy bass and distorted trebles with plastic timbres when play louder. Easily exposed with the TEST video I posted page back or front page. It can't reproduce the fast cymbals/hihats details, will sounds like smear.
There are at least 3 different types drivers intermixed on the luck of draw.
The real ones can be used for all/any genre music/sounds just like references monitors.
Can I borrow your crystal ball, would like to use it as well? Actually I don't care about some random guys oppinion as I don't know you, your preferences and your hearing ability. I got a guy who wanted to explain to me that the U18T is dark sounding while its sharp as fk. Turned out he didn't hear above 15 KHZ. I definitely have the genuine ones. As I said the transient response is astonishing, not for its price point but overall. I can easily spot the cymbals/hihats in your demo video and it doenst sound smeared. The bass is good but has earbud limitations. You can EQ them to sound better without distortion (surprisingly!) but still earbuds. Look at my gear so you can understand where I am drawing my conclusion from (bass heavy stuff). Generally, the transient response and soundstage of these things are top notch.

That's how I eq them to get a much better result according to my personal preferences:

1633165864263.png

Edit: I think it is also important to mention (when coming from IEMs and headphones) that earbuds are just "hanging" in your ear. Even if this is self-evident, these things are more comfortable than every gear I had so far as I can literally not feel any pressure or the weight. Paired with the huge soundstage it is a really impressive experience.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #98 of 155
cable1.jpg
cable2.jpg

Got the pure silver cable: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jca...ame-16-worth-1000.959655/page-2#post-16560211
The cable end has the wearable mold to hang up onto ear, the earbuds stays comfortable without slipping around and literally can wear it 24/7.

Astonishing sound! No more strange inconsistent/interference transistions tonality from copper and silverplated stockcable: copper bassbleed/bloom into mids/highs, you now 'feel' the bass/rumble instead of 'hearing' bass.
With this thick pure silver cable the volume is at least 25% louder, thus all microdetails are heard with depth and air-space with Out-of-head effect and lift a veil open in clarity and harmony as night and day with the stock cable, just sounds as lifelike as IRL.

This combo (supposed you got the real ep05 with the flat FR) beats my Stax sr003mk2/L500mk2 (mids/highs) and TH900 (bass) combined.
This is the Portable TOTL Endgame earbuds.

My EP05 have arrived. I really like them. Very open sound, great details and impressive bass for an earbud. Also the build quality is amazing for the price.
I will further let it burn in for 100 hours to see how much will improve, but I already like what I hear from the box
You Must get this pure silvercable to complete the set, only then you'll hear the now 50% SQ to the 100% digital Hi-Res SQ!

Oct 2, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #100 of 155
A silver cable that can improve details sounds like a dream to me. I hope the same is possible with my IEMs.
Yes, it's possible. Now the tech behind, these are multistranded 'in balanced mode' pure silver wires where the higher freq. can travel more freely without obstructed by the lower freq. like it will happen with 1 solid core silverwire, where the bass intermodulate/obstructe/overwelm the highs details reproducrtion.
The difference with the stock cable is like the upgrade from a generic class ab amp to a high-end class A amp, just Amazing hearing=believing right alway!

Oct 2, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #101 of 155
As soon as I find an inexpensive and good pure silver cable I'm gonna report back.

Edit:
Decided to use my NiceHCK C8 cable for this earbud. The mids and the separation are now much better. I really like how it fits into my ears now.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #102 of 155
Yes, it's possible. Now the tech behind, these are multistranded 'in balanced mode' pure silver wires where the higher freq. can travel more freely without obstructed by the lower freq. like it will happen with 1 solid core silverwire, where the bass intermodulate/obstructe/overwelm the highs details reproducrtion.
The difference with the stock cable is like the upgrade from a generic class ab amp to a high-end class A amp, just Amazing hearing=believing right alway!
So what cable did you get, 4.4 mm in 1.25 m length? I am thinking to order that one.

Oct 2, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #103 of 155
So what cable did you get, 4.4 mm in 1.25 m length? I am thinking to order that one.
No, see pics above, just the normal 3.5mm 3-pole plug in 1.25m for High-End SQ on the Go with all the common gears: nintendo switch, 'lo-fi' retro game consoles, smartphones, hi-res player, laptops, ps4, xboxone, 4k uhd etc.
Its sounds so TOTL, just ordered another one.
I'm in awe it just opened up to the next end level, so suprised!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back