Jcally EP05 , JC10 Bio-cel Endgame $16 worth $1000!
Sep 20, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #62 of 155

Same seller wkwkwk... I think seller don't know if their item good or bad copy because the packaging came in pristine condition...bad QC from factory..
That's pretty scary cause I wanted to buy the LBBS from Moticc, but with your unpleasant experience (and another one in Kaskus mentioning blon 3) now I'm backing off.

Sep 21, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #63 of 155
Bio-film Investigation Part2:

OK, got another 2x EP05 from same seller. One set sounds exactly the same as the first EP05, so I open it up which damage the voice-coil wires.
Other one sounds abit louder/wider spacefield/some shimmering/sibilants in the treble regions with same base bass body (lighter volume due stronger treble volume)= 'better' for more openess, I don't open this one till I found one sounds the same.
So the good sound 'bio-film' diapfragm seems to be their Beryllium dome with Clear PET surround drivers from their topline EP09!, no wonder it sounds fast/detail-resolution/metallic with the Cymbals/hi-hats/rides/crash sounds.

Heavyduty Soundtest for your speakers/headphones/media: if it doesn't sound clear/lifelike then your gears are not capable, no problems with EP05:

Pics EP05:
ep05.jpg

Different backplate holes, bigger holes from model JC10, the back of the Faceplaces have different paterns than the JC10.
Beryllium dome with clear PET surrounds drivers.
ep05a.jpg
ep05b.jpg
ep05c.jpg
ep05d.jpg

ep05e.jpg

Thats for now.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #64 of 155
I guess I was lucky. My both pairs of JC10 arrived today. Just tried one for now and it sounds incredible, big soundstage, great instrument separation and lots of clarity, also they don't lack low end as other earbuds do.
I can't believe the sound coming out of such nlow cost earbuds. Using LG V50 ThinQ Korean version and later will try them with my W2.
Thanks to the thread starter for recommending them.
Any idea if burn in will improve them even further?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210921-113456.png
    Screenshot_20210921-113456.png
    934.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210921_113535.jpg
    20210921_113535.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #65 of 155
Bio-film Investigation Part2:

OK, got another 2x EP05 from same seller. One set sounds exactly the same as the first EP05, so I open it up which damage the voice-coil wires.
Other one sounds abit louder/wider spacefield/some shimmering/sibilants in the treble regions with same base bass body (lighter volume due stronger treble volume)= 'better' for more openess, I don't open this one till I found one sounds the same.
So the good sound 'bio-film' diapfragm seems to be their Beryllium dome with Clear PET surround drivers from their topline EP09!, no wonder it sounds fast/detail-resolution/metallic with the Cymbals/hi-hats/rides/crash sounds.

Heavyduty Soundtest for your speakers/headphones/media: if it doesn't sound clear/lifelike then your gears are not capable, no problems with EP05:

Pics EP05:
ep05.jpg
Different backplate holes, bigger holes from model JC10, the back of the Faceplaces have different paterns than the JC10.
Beryllium dome with clear PET surrounds drivers.
ep05a.jpgep05b.jpgep05c.jpgep05d.jpg
ep05e.jpg
Thats for now.

Wait. I'm confused. Are you saying now that the best sounding one is the beryllium dome with clear PET surround?

Sep 23, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #68 of 155
Wait. I'm confused. Are you saying now that the best sounding one is the beryllium dome with clear PET surround?
Yep, I guess a majority of readers here is confused now.
Where to begin?

First, nobody except singularities solders here below a microscope worth more than any high-end earbud or two.
Second, bio-cell-or-and-composite is the argument here. Best and especially most natural timbre per dollar still on earth(as you may know in full size headphone land is DT880/600)
Or is this about something else too?

Hoping my EP05 which is on its way is an alternative option to my Toneking TO200 sound quality wise. Or isn't it? Who knows

Sep 23, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #69 of 155
JCally EP05 - Budget Endgame

Hello HeadFi community. I just recieved my copy of the Jcally EP05. Currently I'm burning this earbud in so I might expand this review in the future. It's recommended to take the foam protecting the earbud off immediately. With the foam on the sound is muffled. The cable is kind of ok, I replaced it with my Tin T2 stock cable. With the foam removed, these earbuds sound like studio monitors. Fully natural, fully extended. No hot treble. The resolution is really good but not like a multi-BA or planar or even estat headphone. Soundstage and imaging are huge and spread out like an open back headphone. Imaging is like a row of sound sources in front of you. Tuning is like studio monitors: completely neutral. Tuning wise it beats KZ DQ6. Compared to the Tin T2 I would say the EP05 has the same level of details but better tuning (no treble spikes + good bass). This earbud is very fun to listen to and needs zero EQ. Keep attention how to put this one into your ear. It should lay flat pressed straight against ear inside the ear with no foam on. The Bio-film driver is fast and detailed but not super detailed like a CCA C16. The EP05 works on many sources without hiss. I run mine on a Xduoo MT-602 hybrid amp at the moment with perfect black background.

Summary: If you want an IEM in the price range till 50$ and you don't mind open backs, buy this one and a new cable instead.

EP05-Review-01.jpg

Sep 23, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #70 of 155
JCally EP05 - Budget Endgame

Hello HeadFi community. I just recieved my copy of the Jcally EP05. Currently I'm burning this earbud in so I might expand this review in the future. It's recommended to take the foam protecting the earbud off immediately. With the foam on the sound is muffled. The cable is kind of ok, I replaced it with my Tin T2 stock cable. With the foam removed, these earbuds sound like studio monitors. Fully natural, fully extended. No hot treble. The resolution is really good but not like a multi-BA or planar or even estat headphone. Soundstage and imaging are huge and spread out like an open back headphone. Imaging is like a row of sound sources in front of you. Tuning is like studio monitors: completely neutral. Tuning wise it beats KZ DQ6. Compared to the Tin T2 I would say the EP05 has the same level of details but better tuning (no treble spikes + good bass). This earbud is very fun to listen to and needs zero EQ. Keep attention how to put this one into your ear. It should lay flat pressed straight against ear inside the ear with no foam on. The Bio-film driver is fast and detailed but not super detailed like a CCA C16. The EP05 works on many sources without hiss. I run mine on a Xduoo MT-602 hybrid amp at the moment with perfect black background.

Summary: If you want an IEM in the price range till 50$ and you don't mind open backs, buy this one and a new cable instead.

EP05-Review-01.jpg
The QC issues (inconsistent driver use/fake, bad cables, wrong backplates, etc.) really put me off... But... oh my... I like neutral sounds... your impression make me want to try my luck and get one... :thinking:

Sep 23, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #71 of 155
The QC issues (inconsistent driver use/fake, bad cables, wrong backplates, etc.) really put me off... But... oh my... I like neutral sounds... your impression make me want to try my luck and get one... :thinking:
I'm listening to youtube right now with these earbuds. The soundstage is like an open back headphone. In fact I can hear sounds from the outside clearly.

This thing is very fun to listen to and good for gaming. Gonna use this one for my Nintendo Switch.

Sep 23, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #72 of 155
My JC10 came. OOTB it sounds like a good small bookshelf speaker - smooth mids and highs, clear and detailed sound with no bass bleed.

Using Sine wave sweep, Bass is heard to start to roll off from ca100hz and can't be heard below ca 50hz. Putting the foam covers on improve the bass a little bit but reduces the treble a bit too.

Good for the price but the bass is lacking. Or do I have a bad pair?

Sep 23, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #73 of 155
My JC10 came. OOTB it sounds like a good small bookshelf speaker - smooth mids and highs, clear and detailed sound with no bass bleed.

Using Sine wave sweep, Bass is heard to start to roll off from ca100hz and can't be heard below ca 50hz. Putting the foam covers on improve the bass a little bit but reduces the treble a bit too.

Good for the price but the bass is lacking. Or do I have a bad pair?
Definitely fake, should do straight down 25hz/20hz, listen to test-video above, the fake one sounds: flabby bass/no deep rumbles and distorted smear trebles (no fast detailed cymbals), bad dynamics worth $3.
Get the EP05: no fake found yet, I got 5x EP05 all 5x good, where-else I got 3x JC10 with 2x fakes.

Sep 23, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #74 of 155
Definitely fake, should do straight down 25hz/20hz, listen to test-video above, the fake one sounds: flabby bass/no deep rumbles and distorted smear trebles (no fast detailed cymbals), bad dynamics worth $3.
Get the EP05: no fake found yet, I got 5x EP05 all 5x good, where-else I got 3x JC10 with 2x fakes.
My EP05 sounds fine. Like a little speaker in your ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back