JBM earphones
Apr 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #17 of 36
I don't own a pair of the ES800M (company I ordered them from shipped the ES100i instead so I missed my chance) so I can't yet compare, but I have since come across the JBM MJ800 and honestly regard it as my best IEM to date. It is better than my other Awei's and my Monoprice 9927/8320 IEMs. I've even used these to compare sound quality against a pair of Monster Turbines I picked up, and the Monsters (after 24 hours of burn in) were inferior in sound quality to these. I use memory foam tips which truly makes a difference in sound quality. And I found out these are very dynamic with equalizer settings. Without any EQ, they are overly bassy, vieled, and weak in detail. But man, get a good EQ setting saved for this IEM and it shines very bright. Cymbals crash with detail, you can hear the bass drum pedal hit before the bass overwhelms it, the vocalist is clear, and the soundstage is the widest I have ever heard with the instrument separation being excellent. My Awei's (especially the ES120i) trail closely in SQ behind it but I take my hat off to the MJ800.

If the ES800M is better as you guys say it is, it's got some big shoes it needs to fill.

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:
I don't own a pair of the ES800M (company I ordered them from shipped the ES100i instead so I missed my chance) so I can't yet compare, but I have since come across the JBM MJ800 and honestly regard it as my best IEM to date. It is better than my other Awei's and my Monoprice 9927/8320 IEMs. I've even used these to compare sound quality against a pair of Monster Turbines I picked up, and the Monsters (after 24 hours of burn in) were inferior in sound quality to these. I use memory foam tips which truly makes a difference in sound quality. And I found out these are very dynamic with equalizer settings. Without any EQ, they are overly bassy, vieled, and weak in detail. But man, get a good EQ setting saved for this IEM and it shines very bright. Cymbals crash with detail, you can hear the bass drum pedal hit before the bass overwhelms it, the vocalist is clear, and the soundstage is the widest I have ever heard with the instrument separation being excellent. My Awei's (especially the ES120i) trail closely in SQ behind it but I take my hat off to the MJ800.

If the ES800M is better as you guys say it is, it's got some big shoes it needs to fill.

Oh my,
I have things to try then.

May 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #19 of 36
Well, maybe I don't praise them as much as kickin81, but I like them and I perfectly understand why people have so much different opinions on them. The key is fit. They arent the kind of IEMs that require deep insertion. In fact that's what makes them muddy. They work only when you wear them a little loose, use comfy shallow insertion. That way they still keep a good seal, but their midrange somehow opens. That's how I wear any warm earphones, but I noticed that not everybody does so. You just need to try it :) I'm sure everybody can get to like them like I did.

May 3, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #20 of 36
I got myself a pair of the ES800M and I must admit that it is the better earbud with regard to clarity and sound stage--two important factors I depend on for my overall rating. The JBM MJ800 is overly bassy in comparison and provides a noticably narrower sound stage. The clarity is overshadowed by the heavy bass. That kind of bass from the deeper, lower frequency--under 100 k. It is however more up front and in your face. The ES800M is more laid back and I will guess that it's because of the wider sound stage. It's time I re-evaluate my earbuds.
etysmile.gif

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #23 of 36
I like the MJ800 more than the 8320. I warn you though, they sound better after some burn-in time. If your location allows you to buy them at $10-15 each, I suggest you buy both and compare for yourself. And get the Awei ES800M while you're at it.

Aug 13, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #24 of 36
Try them with shallow fit :)

Nice recommendation. The sound that that comes from a shallow fit takes away the boomy bass, but allows for vocals and strings to come through noticibly more refined. As of today, I haven't yet compared the MJ800 to the ES800M thoroughly, but they are both my top picks for budget IEMs.

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #25 of 36
Id like to hear how the ES800Ms compare to the JBLs and Monoprices. I have the ES800M and Monoprice, but I want another set and Im not sure about either ES900 something (more expensive AWEI) and the JBL. I love the Monoprices though, easily worth 8 times their price for classical music. Excellent.

Oct 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #27 of 36
I would like to give the JBM MJ710 IEMs the proper credit they deserve because they reproduce music much more different than what I'm used to. Keep in mind that use a music equalizer for all of my music and I have a different EQ setting for each of my IEMs & headphones. With that said, early on I didn't like their sound at all as they sounded too tinny and the instrument separation was too artificial-sounding. I also wasn't able to get an EQ setting I liked since they were still being broken in. the music sounded like if you were watching a 3D movie without the proper 3D glasses. I've put in over 50 hours into these and now they are just incredible to listen to. What sets itself apart from all of my other IEMs is that they produce a very immersive 3D soundstage with whatever music you flow through them. Where with other IEMs you hear foreground music such as strings blended in with the music, these IEMs make them very defined. This is certainly not an IEM to pass up. However if you don't use a music equalizer for your listening pleasure, I suggest you avoid these. These sound unrefined without any EQ.

Oct 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #28 of 36
I would like to give the JBM MJ710 IEMs the proper credit they deserve because they reproduce music much more different than what I'm used to. Keep in mind that use a music equalizer for all of my music and I have a different EQ setting for each of my IEMs & headphones. With that said, early on I didn't like their sound at all as they sounded too tinny and the instrument separation was too artificial-sounding. I also wasn't able to get an EQ setting I liked since they were still being broken in. the music sounded like if you were watching a 3D movie without the proper 3D glasses. I've put in over 50 hours into these and now they are just incredible to listen to. What sets itself apart from all of my other IEMs is that they produce a very immersive 3D soundstage with whatever music you flow through them. Where with other IEMs you hear foreground music such as strings blended in with the music, these IEMs make them very defined. This is certainly not an IEM to pass up. However if you don't use a music equalizer for your listening pleasure, I suggest you avoid these. These sound unrefined without any EQ.

Can you share EQ settings? Lots of ~$10 IEMs can sound good with EQ, but it is kind of a letdown they don't sound good out of the box.

I've been testing the A8 and MJ720, and both need slight EQ as well. The MJ720 is great for bassheads, and does well with some EQ up high.

Oct 16, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #29 of 36

Can you share EQ settings? Lots of ~$10 IEMs can sound good with EQ, but it is kind of a letdown they don't sound good out of the box.

I've been testing the A8 and MJ720, and both need slight EQ as well. The MJ720 is great for bassheads, and does well with some EQ up high.

I totally agree with you. For some reason I can't post any pics from my work computer. Here are my EQ settings:
100: +9
200: +6
400: +4
600: +0
1k: +0
3k: +10
6k: +11
12k: +8
14k: +6
16k: +8

Dec 20, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #30 of 36
Just received JBM MJ100 ..won the bid from eBay for less than USD2 .

It is good even if you pay the full price for less than USD10 ....i would put in lower or similar category sonically as Soundmagic E10 or Moxpad X3 ....imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back