Jays T-Jays Three review
Oct 8, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #18 of 21
Hi, I have bought this on my way to a business trip because I broke something on my previous head phone. There were some comparisons to be made, and I think the Bass can be a tad boomy too. Though I like a heavier base which I find IEM to be weak in that regard.. (Don't have much to compare it with though).

My JVC player had a tweakable profile which I could use to lower down the lower frequency responses (hope I get the explanations/terminology right)... Reduced it just right before I go to my standard EQ settings for the set of songs that I have saved.

Too bad I left my container and box on the plane once I disembarked.
mad.gif

Good thing I really like about this phone is the length. It is short enough to not dangle when attached to my arm strap (during gym).. Not sure how important this is, but to me, never having my loops come undone after hard running is a god-send.

Oct 11, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #19 of 21
Ok. Spent more time with this and tweaked the profile even more.

The profile that I've gotten seems to indicate a relatively flat profile, though on listening to the sounds, the bass levels are heavier than most. That's probably the biggest reason why I went for this, because of my preference for electronic tracks. I've always found IEM to be quite lacking in their bass.

I had to tweak the left/right balance on this set as well, to get a relatively expansive sound stage compared to what I'm used to with el-cheap IEM's. To be fair though, my experience is relatively limited in this since my headphones have been Sennheiser MX-500, Head Direct RE2 for gym/sports/travel use.. Now replaced by the t-jays three.

Main big set is the ATH-A700.

Tests were being done on the following songs (Personal Rips).

160kbps Hey Ya - Outkast. Bass Track. Sounds Warm. Bass wasn't over-powering and can be felt. Again, probably due to my set.

128kbps oldie Teardrop - Massive Attack. Hear the crackly vinyl like background noise clearly. Liz Frasier sounds good. Not as clear as my ATH's though. Can be a bit muddled (lack of clarity) at times. Not as distinct in the high low's. Probably some manual EQ tweaks will work. Wished I still had the old CD with me to get a better rip.

192kbps The Brilliant Green and Crystal K. Nothing like Jap songs to show the high's methinks.  ^ ^ .. Again, Warm. Voice only, great. When music kicks in.. the high's lose their clarity. Bass is quite good. Set-up again probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back