Jays Q-Jays vs Triple.Fi
May 13, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #16 of 23
by obrigatoried (damn, isnt that on english dictionary?) I mean extremely necessary, like unable to use without.
as for prices, im buying all in US on my future disney trip (yay, Headph.. ops, Mickey!) AKG K701 is $250 at amazon, and the AirHead is 99. Triple.Fi is $350. Do the maths!
how about sound quality? which would be better?

May 13, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #17 of 23
'yay Headph...oops. Mickey!' Nice!
biggrin.gif

OK, much as I lust after K701 (they're just so beautiful for one - that retro bling gets me everytime! And what I read of their presentation, I'd probably love em) I've never heard them. Last time I checked prices here(admittedly in hi-fi sharkpool Tottenham Court Road, so inflatamundo!) 701 were damn near extortionate...hence my surprise. Having not heard them, I can't advise you re SQ vs TF10. I do wonder tho if the Airhead is amp enough to drive the K701?

Edit\ and certainly, US prices always floor me with how cheap they are! Lucky so & so's...

May 13, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
by obrigatoried (damn, isnt that on english dictionary?) I mean extremely necessary, like unable to use without.

Did you mean 'obligatory'?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #19 of 23
From what I've read, I do think airhead can drive it. not the best for sure, but enough to drive.
A guy at amazon who owned this combo (airhead and 701) actually preferred the beyer DT990 with the same amp. its $20 more.
K601 is also a nice option for $200, and supposedly easier to drive with cheap amps.

Soozieq, yeah, thats the damn word. Sorry, in portuguese it is Obrigatório, so the R called me.
Thanks!

May 14, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #20 of 23
I think you get the wrong idea about RE1 as an 'amp obrigatoried IEM'
smily_headphones1.gif
. When I said RE1 should be used with an amp, I mean RE1 will sound the best with an amp. When you use it without an amp, it will still sound pretty good (better than most IEM on its price point at least), just not as good as it can be.

I don't know why you want to get an Airhead. It is a good amp when it was released years ago, but now you can get newer (better) amp on the market that are just slightly more expensive than Airhead. You should read SkyLab's amp review thread over at the amp forum and check out some of those options.

May 18, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #22 of 23
just replaced by Ety6i's with Q-jays and the sound and feel are both sensational. No need for an amp (which I have, but don't use) - extremely comfortable and isolating with the foam. Bass is great. Rich, big sound. Love 'em. I don't find the highs to be fatiguing at all. In fact, I think they're a tad rounded compared to my old Etys. But the second driver makes such a difference. I never would have thought. And they're so light an comfortable, I wear them on my commute every day for several hours a day and just bliss out.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back