Jays q-JAYS Reference earphones (2nd generation) Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #16 of 61
It is one of those thing that you will get to enjoy over time. It is an indicator of an IEM which lacks color. Colored sound please in a short term but disappoint long term, qjays proves itself long term. 

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #17 of 61
  Sorry for the silence, it has been a crazy couple of weeks. The unit was posted to @H20Fidelity on Friday so should be there next week. 

I gotta say I enjoyed the time with the Jays, they are a really great package. However, I am still wrapping my head around it. It was in the end a little too hyper for me. I am wondering whether I wasn't ever really able to get a great seal with the tips... not that they lacked bass, but that it didn't sound like the balanced set others have described. 

I can't wait to read other reviews from the tour and I will try to get mine posted real soon :) 

Thanks for the update mate. I found them a little fatiguing in the upper mids/lower treble. Using an attenuator or something with high output impedance did help to tame the harshness though. 

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #21 of 61
From the other threads (and differing opinions on the tonality), there seems to be a huge difference between those using a shallow fit, and those using deeper insertion.  I use a reasonably deep insertion with Shure Olives (fantastic seal).  No sibilance, not peaky - just smooth and balanced tonality.

Suggest those on the tour still to come - play around with the depth of insertion.

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #22 of 61
From the other threads (and differing opinions on the tonality), there seems to be a huge difference between those using a shallow fit, and those using deeper insertion.  I use a reasonably deep insertion with Shure Olives (fantastic seal).  No sibilance, not peaky - just smooth and balanced tonality.

Suggest those on the tour still to come - play around with the depth of insertion.
I don't know how deep I get my fit but to me shure olive tips makes a very substantial difference I'm sound.

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #23 of 61
I use Comply exclusively, Deep insertion.
I've only had issues with the highs when listening to poorly mastered / recorded music.
The Q's are not forgiving.

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #25 of 61
I'm lucky that i didn't find a good seal in my huge ear channels!)
SQ is very nice, maybe the best TWFK-driver based phones. And just very good phones. Also love their build quality and cable connectors.
Why lucky? They are not cheap:p
Still i'm a fan of a little bit another SQ-type.
But Q-Jays V2 are very good.

Feb 10, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #27 of 61
Thanks for organising this @DJScope 

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #29 of 61
Just dropping in to say the Q-jays arrived to me safely today. Pretty epic packaging..

please let us know your thoughts when you have had some time with them 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #30 of 61
  I use Comply exclusively, Deep insertion.
I've only had issues with the highs when listening to poorly mastered / recorded music.
The Q's are not forgiving.

Are they brutal on badly recorded stuff? make you not wanna listen to them albums again?

thats one thing i really loved about HD650s they have the magical ability to make anything sound amazing without masking all the detail etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back