Jays Q-Jays - Impressions
Oct 11, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #31 of 34
Well regardless of filters wherever they may be, I had literally 6-8 hours on these before this began to happen. No filter should cause this kind of problem that soon.

Oct 11, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well regardless of filters wherever they may be, I had literally 6-8 hours on these before this began to happen. No filter should cause this kind of problem that soon.

It happened to my Altec Lansing iM-616s and they were just a few days old and used totally less than a couple hours. I was listening to them and the were fine. I then tried to put a different set of sleeves on and had a little trouble with the right one. Once I got them in my ear the right one didn't put out any sound. I pulled the filter out and I could hear nice, loud sound. I put a new filter in and all was well again.

Nov 13, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #33 of 34
Hi everyone...

I am new to Head-Fi and this is my (pretty much) first thread contribution where I actually share my impressions of an IEM...

So, I have had the qJays for 2 days now. And, I must say... I really had to get used to the sound of them (coming from Monster Turbines)...

Now, after my ears have gotten used to the sound they produce, they sound quite nice. BUT i have had to use (i know... i'm sorry to upset some of you) the EQ to bass boost... It's just hard for me to not feel the bass... And, in flat mode (Macbook Pro) they just don't seem to have any bass impact... The bass speed is quite good. The trebles I found quite good (again, compared to MT) but I can imagine that they are not the "top" in this aspect.

Apart from the lows I am actually missing the mids... Don't really shine those mids... 

Somehow, I dont feel any warmth from these IEMs, which is pretty sad... 

As for the comfort: AMAZING... They are so small, its just incredible.. I do feel like they could break if I press a little to hard on them when inserting into my ears though... Cable seems quite ok, soft. I like the fit.

Accessories are excellent.. I mean, the only thing missing would be an MP3 player with plenty of good quality music! :)

BTW, as I have not had good IEMs before, on the qJays  i really felt the difference between 320bit songs and anything lower than that....

So, the strengths summed up: Size and comfort (have been listening to these at least 8 hours today and my ears are still not tired) and the trebble.

So, the ones of you that have experience in IEMs will probably find this impression contribution useless... But I will eventually get there.

Please do ask me questions should you have some. More than happy to share more impressions!

Regards

Nov 13, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #34 of 34
ohhh.... One thing I forgot to add....

I actually decided to use my Monster stock earbuds (medium) as i felt they increased the bass feeling for me...

Am waiting on Supertips to come and will let you know how the qJays are with the Supertips on them (it's a sampler pack, so will try them all).

Wow, what an amazing place Head-Fi is... Just what I was looking for!

Good night to those of you in Europe, and to all the others around the world: good morning/good afternoon etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back