Jays q-Jays for trance?
Dec 19, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #16 of 21
I have compared them (m3 and q jays) and I decided m3 is the best one for me. I find it more musical than q jays for trance. Sometimes q jays highs makes my ears rally painful. I think they're not nuatural a lil bit artificial.

Dec 19, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:
I have compared them (m3 and q jays) and I decided m3 is the best one for me. I find it more musical than q jays for trance. Sometimes q jays highs makes my ears rally painful. I think they're not nuatural a lil bit artificial.

How long did you burn in your Q-jays for? I find that they require at least 50 hours of burn in for the treble to even out. After 100 hours or so, the sibilance in the treble almost completely disappears and the sound becomes fuller and warmer. There is still occasional harshness here and there, but that's the fault of the recording, not the q-jays. Q-jays are very sensitive to recording quality and will reveal all the artefacts very clearly, unlike most cheaper IEMs and headphones.

Dec 20, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #19 of 21
I tried some Q-jays today. First impressions was that they seemed a little flat and required some EQ from the Conwon. Mind you these were brand new and not burned in but i thought these cans were a great fit. 

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #20 of 21
Yes, as I said earlier..without the EQ they are very flat and neutral..very little coloration. But if equalized carefully, they can be very musical and great fun! I really enjoy them with trance music.

Quote:
I tried some Q-jays today. First impressions was that they seemed a little flat and required some EQ from the Conwon. Mind you these were brand new and not burned in but i thought these cans were a great fit. 

xPro_MetheuSx: Yes, they can be a little sibilant, and I'm not really sure burn in would help much (if at all). I have controlled the sibilance with the equalizer, but it doesn't suit everyone.

Dec 20, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #21 of 21
If you are still interested in q-jays, there are a couple of pretty nice deals listed here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/529307/deal-alert-q-jays-white-worldwide-shipping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back