Jays q-Jays for trance?
Dec 8, 2010 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

xPro_MetheuSx

100+ Head-Fier
Hi my dear friends;

I have bought a pair Brainwavz M3 but it has not arrived me yet.I listen all of genre but spend too much time for Trance music. I bought this iems for trance. But I saw q-jays here and its price almost same as m3 so I can buy it too. What do you think about q-jays for trance? Can you compare these iems about sound quality and suitibility for trance music.Thank you very much.

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 21
I use q-jays for trance (almost 70% of my time), and I find them great. They have lesser quantity of bass..but the quality of bass they pump out is fantastic. I do have to push the bass up through the equaliser, but it sounds great. They are very clear and the top end is incredibly detailed..it does get quite sibilant but again that can be controlled through equalizer. It all depends on what kind of sound you prefer in your trance. Clear and Airy with lots of ambience - q-jays do a damn decent job..but if you prefer purely a bass heavy sound..I would not recommend them.

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #5 of 21
All I can add is that compared to the Panasonic HJE900, I find the q-jays a lot cleaner and with better quality bass. The bass on the HJE900 sounds a lot more like midbass to me, but the q-jays on the other hand go really deep and a lot more controlled.

I haven't tried the Brainwavz M3, so I can't compare them to q-jays, but for sure if are getting them for around $90, which is the price for M3 on mp4nation...Q-jays would be an absolute steal at that price!! 
What's the exact price you are getting the q-jays for?

Dec 11, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #6 of 21
I can find it here around 110$ but I only concern about it's bass impact. Everybody say bass quality perfect. It's okey. But I listen trance music a lot more and I like hear melodies clearly also I want hear good deep powerful bass near of this clear vocals and melodies. If q jays bass will be satisfy me I'll buy one of them.

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #7 of 21
^ that's exactly what I thought before I purchased the HJE900...but later on I realized that clarity, space and treble are equally important when listening to Trance. Now I barely touch the HJE900 and q-jays are still my main IEM when it comes to Trance.

I think if you are okay with equalizing the q-jays, you will definitely enjoy the bass...but on their own (without equalizer) they sound super flat (very very little bass).
I'm sure some other opinions will help you out...can someone else compare them to the M3?

Dec 11, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #9 of 21
well I did so on Sony NWZ-A829 and Cowon J3, and it did not distort at all. In the Sony it was at 2/3rd of maximum ClearBass technology and in Cowon J3 it's maximum (10) of the Mach3Bass technology. In fact the bass on the q-jays still remained very tight and definitely a lot punchier than anything the HJE900 could manage.

Bottom line - I really enjoy them when listening to trance. :)

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #10 of 21
have you gone through all the major reviews for q-jays on the web and on head-fi? that would give you a fair idea of the general experience that people have had with them. 

Here are two of the proper ones:

(tested with trance music on this one)
http://www.touchmyapps.com/2009/05/31/q-jays-inner-earphones-in-review-dual-balanced-armature-precision/

http://anythingbutipod.com/2007/10/jays-q-jays-review/

EDIT: quoting dfkt from ABI review on bass:

Quote:
"Bass is remarkably nice and warm, considering the dimensions of the q-JAYS’ housing and drivers. The best thing is that they reproduce “real” bass, not some midbass hump. They don’t output an excessive amount of bass, but the sound that comes out is tight and punchy. They’re not basshead phones by any means, but they respond very well to EQing. They can be tweaked to show some respectable botto
m end (for those who want it) without clipping, distortion, or veiling of the midrange or treble; provided that your source, amp, and EQ are of good quality, of course. Blasting some drum’n'bass or dancehall riddims over the q-JAYS is not entirely out of the question."

Dec 11, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #11 of 21
Thats a really good price, Can i know where you are getting them?

Quote:
I can find it here around 110$ but I only concern about it's bass impact. Everybody say bass quality perfect. It's okey. But I listen trance music a lot more and I like hear melodies clearly also I want hear good deep powerful bass near of this clear vocals and melodies. If q jays bass will be satisfy me I'll buy one of them.

Dec 18, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #14 of 21

Quote:
^ that's exactly what I thought before I purchased the HJE900...but later on I realized that clarity, space and treble are equally important when listening to Trance. Now I barely touch the HJE900 and q-jays are still my main IEM when it comes to Trance.

I think if you are okay with equalizing the q-jays, you will definitely enjoy the bass...but on their own (without equalizer) they sound super flat (very very little bass).
I'm sure some other opinions will help you out...can someone else compare them to the M3?

agree with this ... but why u dont get best IEM which can do perfect for Trance ??
sometime wanna be relaxing or emotions ...trance need airy and clear with vocal trance?
sometime wanna energy ... it need more heavy bass with progressive/uplifting trance ??
is it right? ... im new bie ... so i cant comment about treble or mid or bass ... because dont know anything bout them :D

Dec 18, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #15 of 21
Q-jays have great bass. It is actually just a little bit emphasized compared to neutral response and is definitely punchy. The problem for some people may be the fit. Personally, I think Q-jays fit great, but some seem to have a problem getting a good seal with these IEMs and the bass suffers as a result of this. So make sure you try out all the supplied tips to find the ones that fit you best. Once you get the fit right, the bass on the q-jays will be good enough to satisfy most people in my opinion, unless you are one of those extreme bassheads who place low end power as in "boom, boom" above all other sound properties..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back