Jays q-JAYS, First look, Production level !!
Sep 20, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #151 of 205
On the european price issue:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...4&postcount=59

It seems that quite a few swedish online retailers have listed them. The price then seems to be around 1450 SEK, a decrase fairly consistent with the prices of the existing Jays models, which translates into roughly 160 Euro or 220 USD. This includes VAT. Hence it seems very possible that the actual european price won't differ significantly from the price obtained in the US.

Sep 20, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #152 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantello /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really 30-35%, more like 10-12%. You can get them from Audiocubes for 180US$ plus shipping of 15US$. Upon entering the EU, you have to pay import taxes, for most countries (okay, I only know about France & Germany) around 20%, which brings the total to 235US$ or 170€.

When ordering directly from Jays, you can get them for 170€ plus 20€ shipping (horribly expensive by the way, it's somewhat weird to pay less for priority shipping from the US to Europe than for intra-EU shipping of less than 1000km).

Total Audiocubes: 170€
Total Jays.se: 191€.

Not that much. But still strange to pay more as a European customer for a product produced in Europe. But it's like that for lots of other products as well, so we will just have to live with it (or vote with our feet and import cheaper!).

With some luck you do not have to pay any import taxes! And then it's lot cheaper! Otherwise it's only about 15%, but still cheaper anyway.

But I agree with you, if I could order them from jays.se for 170 Euro including shipping cost then I would have definately bought them there.

Sep 20, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #153 of 205
let me put out the flames here, ok, i misjudged the Atrios M5´s, i thought they were the soup de jour becuase of all the excitment around them, basicly taste of the month, and disregarded them due to them being dynamic driver canalphones, but from what people are saying, i have underestimated them,

i still want to see them compared to Super.fi 5 pro and the q-JAYS, all 3 more or less cost them same +/- $20 , just looking to get the best deal for my cash.

Sep 20, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #154 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tsk. should i just order a pair or wait for more reviews >.<

I don't get why Jays didn't send our a bunch to reviewers, reviews should be written and posted at the same date the product becomes available. Grrr.

Sep 21, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #155 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by webster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't get why Jays didn't send our a bunch to reviewers, reviews should be written and posted at the same date the product becomes available. Grrr.

You have gotten reviews severel months before the product was even on the market, what more are you asking for ???

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #156 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have gotten reviews severel months before the product was even on the market, what more are you asking for ???

True, and they still aren't on the market yet. I believe they did send out retail versions to some places (like Wired Magazine?) for published reviews. I have yet to see a review in print, however.

Sep 21, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #159 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetCed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wired mag will have them in their mag in October. I will send iLounge q-JAYS next week when we get them in stock.

Sounds good! I'll be on the lookout for the review in Wired Magazine soon.

Sep 22, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #160 of 205
Quote:

Wired mag will have them in their mag in October. I will send iLounge q-JAYS next week when we get them in stock.

so if iLounge is getting them next week. when should the general public start to see them?? it's already end of september

Sep 22, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #162 of 205
Quote:

In stock end of next week.

So on time with the iPod Touch, yaaahooo!!!
280smile.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #163 of 205
Quote:

In stock end of next week.

Hi Peter,

I ordered my q-Jays from your site a couple of weeks ago.
If they ship on Monday I should get them in Amsterdam Tuesday???

I am looking forward to them very much.

BR, Rob

Sep 22, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #164 of 205
i would wait for the touch, there seem to be some problems with the screen and software,

as for the q-JAYS, its going to be good to get some more info on how they sound, especialy if someone who owned some super.fi´s or atrios before them.

Sep 22, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #165 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would wait for the touch, there seem to be some problems with the screen and software,

as for the q-JAYS, its going to be good to get some more info on how they sound, especialy if someone who owned some super.fi´s or atrios before them.

I know about the screen problems, but Apple is working on it and it only seems to be with the very first ipods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back