Jaybird Bluebuds X still the best bluetooth earphones? Who has the best price?
Jan 15, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #17 of 32

What I did:

Using this:

Huh, that's creative! I'll give that a shot.. I've got plenty of spare tips to experiment with.

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #19 of 32
despite great effort i found it exceptionally difficult to get them to sit well with cable over the ear. they really should use a round cable. also the cable is very microphonic, much like the older etymotics.

May 21, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #20 of 32
I'd like to order these, but am a little worried about the quality when making phone calls (since there is no noise cancellation). I very often call when biking in my home city. Can anyone compare it with, for instance, the Apple or dr. Dre earbuds? Any comments on this subject or maybe any other recommendation?

May 22, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #21 of 32
What size comply tips work with these? I bought the ones listed on the comply website,the t-500 I think, but they were too small. I had to stretch them with pliers for a while to get them to fit... Anyone else have this problem? Is there something I'm overlooking?

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #24 of 32
[COLOR=FF8C00]Unbelivble![/COLOR] For several years passed, Jaybird Bluebuds X still the best bluetooth earphone! The next two are the LG Tone Infinim HBS-900 and Plantronics Backbeat GO 2 earbuds. 

I have the Jaybirds and the LG Tone infinim (HBS-900) and tbh I prefer the LG ones. The Jaybirds are great but I find the sound slightly better on the LG imo.

I'd like to order these, but am a little worried about the quality when making phone calls (since there is no noise cancellation). I very often call when biking in my home city. Can anyone compare it with, for instance, the Apple or dr. Dre earbuds? Any comments on this subject or maybe any other recommendation?

I've used them for phone calls and I never had an issue with them ever quality wise

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #27 of 32
Looking at the specifications it seems to be the same exact thing sound wise but is with new colors

According to the blurb, they changed other things. But yes, it's weird that they should claim to have doubled the battery life when in fact it's stayed the same.

Still, I don't want to believe they'd call it a new model if they only added colors. That'd be dishonest.

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #28 of 32
Looking at the specifications it seems to be the same exact thing sound wise but is with new colors

According to the blurb, they changed other things. But yes, it's weird that they should state to have doubled the battery life when in fact it's stayed the same.

Still, I don't want to believe they'd call it a new model if they only added colors. That'd be dishonest.

Eh I'll wait until the reviews coming in. I am happy with my bluebuds X though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #30 of 32
It's a bit of a problem because the microphonics of the cable are absolutely terrible when under-ear, or you get reversed channels when over-ear.  It would seem to be a simple firmware change to reverse them too, but of course unlike some other Bluetooth headsets and headphones, Jaybird doesn't do user-updated firmware.
Seems I am having the same issue with microphonics. Also, when I am in a noisy environment it is difficult for the other end to hear me during a call...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back