Jaybird Bluebuds X still the best bluetooth earphones? Who has the best price?
Dec 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

kloan

1000+ Head-Fier
What's the general consensus on the Jaybird Bluebuds?
Are they still considered the best sounding in-ear bluetooth earphones?

Anyone know who has the best price for them?

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #4 of 32
I've used mine since August and at least 2 half marathons, a full marathon and plenty of hours at the gym and I'm very happy with them.  They recently had a coupon for 25% off but I think it ended on Christmas Day.  Check Amazon and if you don't want to get them online, Best Buy will match the price.  

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #5 of 32
I've used mine since August and at least 2 half marathons, a full marathon and plenty of hours at the gym and I'm very happy with them.  They recently had a coupon for 25% off but I think it ended on Christmas Day.  Check Amazon and if you don't want to get them online, Best Buy will match the price.  

That's what I did - matched at Best Buy and used some certs to get it down to $65 out of pocket. I think these are great for bluetooth headphones. Can't directly compare to other bluetooth since these are my first, but there is good body in the sound.

For those using Comply tips, just don't twist it as you're pushing it onto the tube. The tube started getting loose on me and after chatting with a Jaybird person, they told me that should not happen and to warranty it out.

Also, for those who didn't see it in the other thread, depending on how you wear them, the R and L channels may be backwards (if you care about that kind of thing). I.e., if you have them under ear, the L and R are correct. If you wear them over ear, they will be reversed.

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #6 of 32
Scored a used set on eBay for $81.. should have them early next week, looking forward to it!

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #7 of 32
Also, for those who didn't see it in the other thread, depending on how you wear them, the R and L channels may be backwards (if you care about that kind of thing). I.e., if you have them under ear, the L and R are correct. If you wear them over ear, they will be reversed.

I have no problems wearing them over ear with controls on the right. It is kind of comical that they don't seem to care about correct l and r though. 
dt880smile.png

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #8 of 32
I have no problems wearing them over ear with controls on the right. It is kind of comical that they don't seem to care about correct l and r though. :dt880smile:

I believe the earbuds are angled inwards to they say to have the controls on the left when over - ear. I may have missed someone saying that however.

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #9 of 32
I believe the earbuds are angled inwards to they say to have the controls on the left when over - ear. I may have missed someone saying that however.

I think that's his point, that despite the wrong angle, he's still able to get them in without any fit issues.

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #13 of 32
It's a bit of a problem because the microphonics of the cable are absolutely terrible when under-ear, or you get reversed channels when over-ear.  It would seem to be a simple firmware change to reverse them too, but of course unlike some other Bluetooth headsets and headphones, Jaybird doesn't do user-updated firmware.

Jan 15, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #15 of 32
  Scored a used set on eBay for $81.. should have them early next week, looking forward to it!

So I have these now. I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised how good they sound. They can handle every genre I've tried so far, unlike the cheap POS Philips that were pretty much diarrhea for my ears. SO nice to have nice sounding buds again.

I'm still trying to get the best placement/fit/seal though. I'm using them wrapped around my ears with the cable cinched. They still tend to come loose after a bit, so I'm wondering about using different tips, possibly foams.

For those who do use foam tips, are yours soft or solid core? I ordered some black tips, but they arrived with soft cores and they just bunch up and don't hold their shape well. I find the solid core foamies to sound and fit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back