Jay Leno vs Conan O'Brien
Jul 28, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #31 of 50
Leno's car collection gets points....but Lewis Black should have his own - uncensored - tv show.

Jul 28, 2008 at 8:46 AM Post #32 of 50
Conan is better in my opinion
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #33 of 50
Conan is clearly better. Leno hasn't cracked a funny line in a loooong time. The best part of his show is headlines, and those have nothing to do with him.

Jul 28, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #34 of 50
CO'B

"Chewbacca stuck in a glory hole" FTW!

Jul 28, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #35 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Leno's car collection gets points....but Lewis Black should have his own - uncensored - tv show.

Could you get on that ASAP? Use your evil powers and tell Comedy Central that Mind of Mencia has to go. Black's Root of all Evil doesn't do him any justice either. Get in there with your sledge hammer.

Jul 28, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #36 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvessel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you get on that ASAP? Use your evil powers and tell Comedy Central that Mind of Mencia has to go. Black's Root of all Evil doesn't do him any justice either. Get in there with your sledge hammer.

Now that's an idea...

Off to polish my sledgehammer to a mirror finish, be back shortly.

Jul 29, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #39 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've probably laughed a total of 3 times with Leno. I laughed far more than that during Conan's horny manatee sketch alone. Conan's tribute to his Ford Taurus still stands as my favorite late-night bit of all time.

My favorite is the episode when they kept randomly cutting to a police car chase (read: a matchbox car chase on the floor of the lobby; you could see the string they used to pull the cars.) Since live TV car chases get better ratings they wanted to tap that pie. It was great.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #40 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by cAsE sEnSiTiVe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jay's a huge car nut, like I am.

He gets my vote.

Now you're talking!

I think Leno has better writers too, but honestly, I haven't watched much of either one for a long time. I read his column in Popular Mechanics.

Leno looks better in HD too. Conan's band used to be much, much better, but they seem to have lost it.

Jul 29, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #41 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like Leno over O'Brien but I'll take Craig Furgeson any night over those two.

who's Craig Furgeson?

Lewis Black is brilliantly hilarious, but he's not much of an interviewer. He doesn't connect on "Root of all Evil" either.

Jul 29, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #42 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
who's Craig Furgeson?

Lewis Black is brilliantly hilarious, but he's not much of an interviewer. He doesn't connect on "Root of all Evil" either.

He's a late night talk show host on CBS, its called "The Late Late Show". He also played as the boss of Drew Carey on the Drew Carey show.

Jul 29, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #43 of 50
Had to go with Conan who can totally loose-it (Nostril Hairs flaring and all) in full HD at any time....

Jay is just in it for the tax write offs. He doesn't even pretend to make an effort anymore.... jeesh why even bother!

Jul 29, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #44 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
who's Craig Furgeson?

and hes not very funny and i can never figure out what hes saying with his thick British accent.. I'm surprised hes lasted so long considering he competes directly with Conando.

Jul 29, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #45 of 50
Craig Ferguson is on TV because he's cheap.
at least, that's the only justification i can figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back