Jay Leno vs Conan O'Brien
Jul 26, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #17 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Conan appeals to younger people... Leno older.

Are you calling me old?
biggrin.gif

I voted for Jay. I occasionally go see him at the Comedy and Magic Club in Hermosa Beach - he still performs almost every week. He's funnier doing standup because he can get into a 10-15 minute story that just wouldn't work on TV.

Jul 26, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #18 of 50
Jay's a huge car nut, like I am.

He gets my vote.

Jul 26, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #19 of 50
I've probably laughed a total of 3 times with Leno. I laughed far more than that during Conan's horny manatee sketch alone. Conan's tribute to his Ford Taurus still stands as my favorite late-night bit of all time.

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #20 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Conan's tribute to his Ford Taurus still stands as my favorite late-night bit of all time.

Haha, yes!

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #21 of 50
Leno is not funny; Conan is not funny. The writers can be funny, though. Keep that in mind when you decide if a joke is good or not. Quite frankly, no one has been able to fill Johnny Carson's shoes. For me it is David Letterman all the way. Forget the Tonight Show and tune into some decent quality entertainment. Had MBC showed any business acumen, they would have signed Letterman on years ago (like 2 or more years ago).

Jul 27, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #23 of 50
I actually like Leno and Conan(usually watch both) and I'm young. They're both funny in different ways. I like Leno's "Headlines" and "Jaywalking" plus some of his skits. I also like Conan's skits, although they tend to be more hit or miss.

I had to vote for Leno, since I am angry that NBC is dumping him next year. Heard rumors he may be going to ABC and I hope they're true.

Jul 27, 2008 at 8:38 AM Post #24 of 50
Conan's writing team is more creative than Leno's team. I think Leno wanted to retire so that is why another host was needed.

Jul 27, 2008 at 12:24 PM Post #25 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashnolan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Conan's writing team is more creative than Leno's team. I think Leno wanted to retire so that is why another host was needed.

i think leno actually wanted to go on... there are some speculations that he might go to abc after conan takes over

Users who are viewing this thread

Back