Jan Meier: Does he make and keep delivery commitments?
Feb 22, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #31 of 46
Is this the Meier feedback thread? :O lol
I want a 2Move! (throws another quarter in the piggy bank)
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #34 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure what the exact procedure is, but he's a true gentleman and a man of his word. I've always communicated with Jan via email and he's followed through as promised every time. I bought several items from him (amps and headphones) that were in stock and sent out immediately.

Jan also drove 5 hours each way across Germany on my behalf to act as my purchase agent for an Orpheus system! It was being sold by someone I didn't know through Audiogon. I simply wouldn't have had the courage to send that kind of money to someone unknown to me and the minute I presented my plan to Jan, he readily agreed to help me out. He went way out of his way for me and I wouldn't have the Orpheus system otherwise!

Thats beyond great CS.. Thats a friend..
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #36 of 46
I'm still waiting on my headsix
frown.gif

It's been 12 days. I'm in Ireland. I hate irish post. I should've just pissed my money away on liquor.

Feb 23, 2008 at 1:18 PM Post #37 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this the Meier feedback thread? :O lol

That should tell the OP something...a basic question turns into a love fest
smily_headphones1.gif

I just ordered from Meier for the first time and it was a perfect transaction.

I sent him an email with a question late last night. I wake up this morning and a detailed email is waiting for me (on a Saturday!).

Feb 23, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #38 of 46
The 2 items that I've purchased from Jan were his Corda Cross-1 and Porta Corda MkIII-USB. Both were shipped out quickly but for some reason my amp took 21 days to reach me on the US East coast...which was out of Jans control. Near the end of my worry he informed me that he would send a second amp if it didn't show up within a defined time frame.

Feb 23, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #39 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frihed89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been recommended a Meier Audio portable amp.

Does Jan Meier make a verbal or written commitment regarding when he will deliver a product you ordered? If not, what did he say when you asked him to make a commitment?

Does he keep these commitments? I mean does he deliver when he says?

All of my several transactions with Dr. Meier have been wholely satisfactory. Worry better about the Post and your country's customs.

Feb 24, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #40 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All of my several transactions with Dr. Meier have been wholely satisfactory. Worry better about the Post and your country's customs.

Tax-customs is good in Denmark. I have never lost anything. They open everything, but are very efficient. We only pay the difference between the EU shipper's VAT and ours. No duty.

UPS is world-wide hell. Danish post is pretty good. I don't know about German post. US Postal is actually better than both. My wife imports clothes and I buy a lot of tubes from the US. Nothing has ever been lost or seriously damaged!

Feb 24, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #41 of 46
I'm not sure why this thread even exists. If you've read the threads on Head-Fi, you will know Jan is one of the best vendors on Head-Fi and is a pleasure to do business with. He is a man of his word and in my dealings with him he helped me in ways he most certainly didn't have to.

And let's not forget, he makes pretty good products, too.
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #42 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frihed89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tax-customs is good in Denmark. I have never lost anything. They open everything, but are very efficient. We only pay the difference between the EU shipper's VAT and ours. No duty.

UPS is world-wide hell. Danish post is pretty good. I don't know about German post. US Postal is actually better than both. My wife imports clothes and I buy a lot of tubes from the US. Nothing has ever been lost or seriously damaged!

Good for you. U.S. Customs sometimes holds on to stuff for a few days until they can decide if the declared value is "appropriate". UPS is by far my best carrier. Faster and with less damages than USPS. FedEx is somewhere in the middle. My UPS driver even brings my spaniels biscuits the rare times they now hear him sneaking up.
biggrin.gif

Dr. Meier remains a great guy and an honest businessman.

Feb 26, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #43 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure why this thread even exists. If you've read the threads on Head-Fi, you will know Jan is one of the best vendors on Head-Fi and is a pleasure to do business with. He is a man of his word and in my dealings with him he helped me in ways he most certainly didn't have to.

And let's not forget, he makes pretty good products, too.
wink.gif

Simple. By reading many posts I note that the majority of headamp mfrs have serious problems making and meeting commitments. I didn't want to become a part of another X-In fiascao.

I ordered the 2MOVE yesterday. It shipped today. QED.

I would have been a fool not to check!

Feb 28, 2008 at 1:20 PM Post #45 of 46
It arrived on Wednesday! I gave it to my son, who is visiting me, and he had it playing music in no time. It's a really nice-sounding amp considering how little i spent on it. It will do well on those long airplane flights to developing countries and it will sure beat watching cricket on the tube while I am there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back