Jan Meier Appreciation Thread
Apr 2, 2004 at 7:13 PM Post #17 of 33
Hear, hear. When I ordered the RKV Impedanzer from Jan he knew I was leaving the country soon, and I thought it wouldn't arrive in time. Jan bumped the hipping to a faster method for free, and I had the Impedanzer in hand well before leaving. He offered to do this out of his own good will, and I sure appreaciated the gesture.

To one of the good guys of audio, thanks for all you've done for the various communities Jan.

Apr 2, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #18 of 33
Jan is much more than a retailer.

He freely gave advice that helped me solve a relatively obscure polarity problem.

Cheers!
wink.gif

-Ed

Apr 3, 2004 at 4:36 AM Post #21 of 33
The feeling I get from reading Jan's articles and postings, he seems to be a hands-on type of guy. He doesn't just sit their and theorizes what good audio should sound like, but actually builds it.

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:38 AM Post #23 of 33
Although I've bought from him before, I wasted Jan's time on one occasion approaching him for a quote, vacillating and then not buying. For that I would like to apologise, but it was actually Jan who kind of talked me out of the sale by his responses
biggrin.gif
Top guy anyway.

Apr 3, 2004 at 12:21 PM Post #24 of 33
Did I mention that his German talking has such a cute Dutch accent?
wink.gif

Bit I also like his products and him as a dealer.
biggrin.gif

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Apr 3, 2004 at 2:53 PM Post #25 of 33
I'm a Jan fan too! I've ordered several items from Jan and he has been most helpful to me at every turn. Jan deserves our sincere thanks for all that he has done to support the head-fi community. (I'm really looking forward to receiving the Edition 7 'sweet cans' that should be in the mail about now)...

Apr 3, 2004 at 3:57 PM Post #26 of 33
Jan is one of the people that laid the foundation of our hobby. He did this both through his designs, his business, and, most importantly, by being consistently helpful and supportive to all members of the community, whether it was part of a business transaction or not.

As headphone audio achieves the status it appears to be heading toward: its own area in audio rather than a simple adjunct to speakers or studio monitoring, Jan must be considered one of the pioneers in the field.

Apr 3, 2004 at 4:33 PM Post #27 of 33
Heh heh, for the longest time I assumed that Jan was a woman because often women carry this name in the United States. I figured we had Morsel here in the USA and Jan was off in some distant foreign part of the world.

I remember reading many interesting discussions during the early days of the Meta42 that were filled with references and comparisons to headphone amplification designs by Jan Meier. Dr. Meier’s contributions to the Head-fi community run deep. Headphones are generally designed and manufactured by large commercial entities. I believe that it has been the amplifier designers that created the foundation for our community and everything else has been brought together built upon their offerings. Dr. Meier is amid these headphone amplification designers and I thank him and them for pioneering the headphone community.

Thank you Dr. Meier!
280smile.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 7:05 PM Post #28 of 33
Im jumping in with my experience :-
=========================

I ordered a Sennheiser HD-595 from Meier and the price was right and the transaction was VERY smooth. He even cross shipped the headphones to me because I wanted them in time for a meet
cool.gif

Fantastic human being and excellent to communicate with because of his informed and fast responses.

I have him on my "List of people" to visit while I am in Germany
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 4, 2004 at 12:44 AM Post #29 of 33
jan meier is a great guy. i bought some cables and an the porta corda from him in the past. he's very nice and would answer all my questions. oh and i love the crossfeed feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back