Jaguar RTOS
Aug 5, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:
Okay, I got into the Terminal window and tried using sudo in order to install the PPA for the DeaDBeef audio player. I got this line:
[sudo] password for jaguar:

I assumed it's the same password as for the RTOS, but the terminal window wouldn't let me enter it; nothing from the keyboard registered on screen. Any ideas on how to proceed?

You're doing everything right, so I don't know.  I'm pretty sure DeaDBeef is not compliant with JACK, so you won't be able to adjust the latency settings with the JACK interface.  It is the one Linux player I've found that usually works without a week of troubleshooting after the install, though you'll probably take a hit on sound quality.

Aug 5, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:
M2Tech update ... Booting .ISO from DVD, "hiface" name appears as hw:1 into Jack interface list ... this sounds good.

Then ... Opening Jack, status is "stopped". I click Start and message error appears:

- D-BUS: Jack server could not be started
- cannot connect to server socket err = no such file or directory
...then automatically
- Starting Jack Server
- Starting Realtime priority 10
- control device hw:1
>>> failed to acquire device name Audio1 error: cannot allocate memory

It's important that you're seeing the device now.  Try setting the latency settings very high to see if settings too low is your problem.  If that doesn't work, try my previous advice to google Ubuntu, M2Tech and HiFace and start a troubleshooting thread on the Ubuntu Forum.

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #18 of 32
Quote:
M2Tech update ... Booting .ISO from DVD, "hiface" name appears as hw:1 into Jack interface list ... this sounds good.

Then ... Opening Jack, status is "stopped". I click Start and message error appears:

- D-BUS: Jack server could not be started
- cannot connect to server socket err = no such file or directory
...then automatically
- Starting Jack Server
- Starting Realtime priority 10
- control device hw:1
>>> failed to acquire device name Audio1 error: cannot allocate memory

Note: the M2Tech driver installed on the Jaguar RTOS is for the new HiFace device, not the older one.  There is a workaround for the older device and the Ubuntu Forum can help you with installing it if you decide to try it.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/linux-driver-original-hiface-now-available-13780/

Sep 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #19 of 32
I've been getting questions lately about DAC compatibility with the Jaguar RTOS.  To be clear, if your DAC's USB connection requires installation of a special software driver to work, you need to check with the manufacturer about whether they make a version for the Linux OS.  However, if you're using a sound card as a digital interface (SPIDIF, such as coax or toslink) almost all sound cards are compatible; there may be a few exceptions, but cards from most companies like Lynx, Asus, ESI, etc. should be no problem.

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #20 of 32
The Lynx AES16 does not work with Linux.  There is a workaround to downgrade the firmware and use the proprietary Open Sound driver, but not worth doing in my opinion.  Some Lynx cards can be used with Linux, but not this one.

Oct 15, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #21 of 32
  Okay, quick question: is there any way for this OS to locate music stored on a NAS or another computer attached to the network? That's where essentially all my music is stored, and I'd love to be able to access it from there...

I'm about to try this out, does this OS have samba/nas access?  that's where my music is too

Nov 29, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #22 of 32
Hello Uncola, the OS is outfitted with the standard network infrastructure, so if your gear doesn't require any special drivers it should work just fine.

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #23 of 32
Hi There, 

I have been trying to get this software working on my computer, downloaded the iso file and installed, but now its asking for a password, and I have not been able to find the password anywhere. 

Can anybody here who is using the Jaguar RTSO let me know the password?  I have also been trying to get hold of the PDF instructions via the jaguar-audio website, but the links don't seem to be working. 

Thanks in advance. 

Matt

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #24 of 32
  Hi There, 

I have been trying to get this software working on my computer, downloaded the iso file and installed, but now its asking for a password, and I have not been able to find the password anywhere. 

Can anybody here who is using the Jaguar RTSO let me know the password?  I have also been trying to get hold of the PDF instructions via the jaguar-audio website, but the links don't seem to be working. 

Thanks in advance. 

Matt

The issue with the website will be fixed shortly, but anyone who wants to get started now can send me an email (the address can be found on the Jaguar website).  I don't post the instructions at other locations on the Internet (and I request that others not do this as well), because I want to avoid having people download older versions elsewhere, should I make changes or updates.

Thanks,

Darin

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #25 of 32
A first update has been released.  Now with a Mytek Linux driver, an updated M2Tech driver that works with most asynchronous USB DACs like Wyred and Burson, as well as cd ripping software.

Jun 14, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #26 of 32
A first update has been released.  Now with a Mytek Linux driver, an updated M2Tech driver that works with most asynchronous USB DACs like Wyred and Burson, as well as cd ripping software.

Any chance of a Lynx Hilo driver? :)

Jun 20, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #27 of 32
Any chance of a Lynx Hilo driver?
smily_headphones1.gif

Hello Theogenes.  You will need to contact Lynx or just give it a try.  Some Lynx cards will work with Linux and some, like the AES-16, absolutely will not.

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #28 of 32

Hello Theogenes.  You will need to contact Lynx or just give it a try.  Some Lynx cards will work with Linux and some, like the AES-16, absolutely will not.

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply! I'm considering trying to load Jaguar RTOS on my netbook prior to the upcoming Nashville meet... There will several DACs there, and I'm thinking at least some of them should work without issue. 

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #30 of 32
Hi, Fork !
First of all, thank you for the amazing job you are doing with Jaguar. Secondly, I apologize for being totally noob when it comes to Linux, but I wonder if it's possible to add support to  Atheros ethernet , or even wifi, in Jaguar, so I could enjoy streaming music in my laptop .
Best Regards !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back