JadeAudio EA3(FiiO'Sub-brand)-1 BA(Knowles) +1 Dynamic 0.78mm 2pins in-Ear earphone
Jan 4, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #106 of 282
The ea3s just cleared customs, just a few days more and its here. Initial opinions from most reviewers seem promising.

Jan 4, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #108 of 282
TFZ No. 3 vs Jade Audio EA3

Equipment:
PC --> Spotify Premium --> Peace EQ --> Monolith THX 788
Jade EA3 vs NO3.jpg

Summary:
If you don't have both in hand, then the Jade Audio EA3 is a very good alternative to the TFZ No. 3, at *half of the price. With a shell that will be more comfortable for the average consumer. The way the two IEMs address sub bass, is what sets them apart.

The sub-bass:
The No. 3 resonates (aka slower recovery). I would compare this to a ported, 15" subwoofer
The EA3 hits hard, but it's more of a fast punch. I would compare this to a sealed, 15" subwoofer
The differences are really noticeable in the 1st 35 seconds of "Laffy Taffy", D4L

The vocals are more present on the EA3, but not overbearing, in the slightest. If you look at the two charts (for the mid range), you can see why the vocals go to the EA3.
sidenote: these two IEMs also show why charts aren't the end all, for evaluations; as the very low end looks comparable, but the way that they get there are two separate paths
upload_2020-1-4_17-41-23.png

Fitment (for me) goes to the Jade EA3.
Jade vs NO3 backs.jpg

* $49 USD
https://www.amazon.com/JadeAudio-sub-Brand-1Dynamic-Earphone-Detachable/dp/B081ZNP75Y.
Currently unavailable on AliExpress

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-4_17-36-40.png
    upload_2020-1-4_17-36-40.png
    165.5 KB · Views: 0
Jan 4, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #111 of 282
Now deciding on with nicehck c16 cable to get ?
You can try mine out tomorrow (Sunday) evening. If you have a portable, balanced rig.
Send me a PM if you're interested
Jade EA3 Balanced.jpg

Turned down the volume by 5db, on the Monolith THX, going from SE to Balanced.
Everything just sounds bigger, some could interpret that as a larger sound stage.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #113 of 282
Mine is still at custom it seems, but i'm pretty sure it will arrive within next week

Jan 5, 2020 at 3:18 AM Post #116 of 282
It seems that they are dependent on source's output impedance. After my first impressions which was not so overwhelming using 2 ohm output, got them to really sing with near zero output impedance.
What source did you use?

Jan 5, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #118 of 282
A bunch of daps, including FiiO's X5-II and M11. Hidizs AP200 sounded worst with 4.8 Ohms and Chord Mojo with 0.075 Ohms the best.
Wow then I should check the output of my sources then

Jan 5, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #120 of 282
Thank you. Is the sound difference worth upgrading with a cable costing nearly as much as the earphones themselves?
The only reason that I have the cable on hand is because of a past sale; if I remember correctly, they were around $25 (USD), during the 11.11 sale

To answer your question, it really depends on how far you're into this hobby:
If you're relatively new and just starting to amass a collection, I would suggest seeing if you like the sound signature 1st
If you already have a balanced amp, there's a sale starting tomorrow

There is an alternative source for a similarly spec'd cable; where they'll be on sale for <$18 USD, starting on 1.6.2020. But I haven't tried theses cables yet (I have some on order) and both the vendor and the product's manufacturer are banned from this website. I'll PM you the info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back