JadeAudio EA3(FiiO'Sub-brand)-1 BA(Knowles) +1 Dynamic 0.78mm 2pins in-Ear earphone
Jan 17, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #212 of 282
Received mine a few days ago.... I don't believe in burn in terminology. I think it's something in da brains rather than technical aspects.

My expectation was rather high because of the Knowles BA.

The fit is great in my ear thumbs up.!!
The package is rich and complete... Pouch. And it's an nice fancy Blue color.
But the sibilance and highs.... Ouch... I can't listen it for longer sessions. But detailed and wide soundstage it is.

The bass is nice full and textured not extremely bass heavy i like it.

I have to listen to it longer but as for now it won't be a favorite of mine.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #213 of 282
Received mine a few days ago.... I don't believe in burn in terminology. I think it's something in da brains rather than technical aspects.

My expectation was rather high because of the Knowles BA.

The fit is great in my ear thumbs up.!!
The package is rich and complete... Pouch. And it's an nice fancy Blue color.
But the sibilance and highs.... Ouch... I can't listen it for longer sessions. But detailed and wide soundstage it is.

The bass is nice full and textured not extremely bass heavy i like it.

I have to listen to it longer but as for now it won't be a favorite of mine.
I only listened to mine for 10 mins then let them burn in without listening for about 15hrs.
They sounded less sibilant after.
I don’t believe that the initial 10 mins did anything in my brain and it didn’t adapt.
Not trying to change your opinion as I respect it.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #214 of 282
I only listened to mine for 10
Mins then let them burn in without listening for about 15hrs.
They sounded lest sibilant after.
I don’t believe that the initial 10 mins did anything in my brain and it didn’t adapt.
I'm agree

Jan 17, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #215 of 282
I only listened to mine for 10
Mins then let them burn in without listening for about 15hrs.
They sounded lest sibilant after.
The burn-in helps in my experience as well. Also considering the fact that they market this earphone as targeting the gaming and movies audience first, i've decided to bump up their rating. Since it'd be like judging a fish on how well it can fly. Some fish can fly.

I was using these with my phone to play a bit of COD, the guns get clearer than any other set, almost to the edge of being a little overwhelming. Footsteps pop out well, and the direction is well placed. If there are multiple footsteps, i can still make the difference of which one is coming from where quite easily. And the silence/ambience is so well captured. These are gaming/movie iems first and music iems second to me.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #216 of 282
The burn-in helps in my experience as well. Also considering the fact that they market this earphone as targeting the gaming and movies audience first, i've decided to bump up their rating. Since it'd be like judging a fish on how well it can fly. Some fish can fly.

I was using these with my phone to play a bit of COD, the guns get clearer than any other set, almost to the edge of being a little overwhelming. Footsteps pop out well, and the direction is well placed. If there are multiple footsteps, i can still make the difference of which one is coming from where quite easily. And the silence/ambience is so well captured. These are gaming/movie iems first and music iems second to me.
How come you say it's marketed as a movie and game iem?? Never read that anywhere from the company...or is that your own perception and conclusion?

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #217 of 282
How come you say it's marketed as a movie and game iem?? Never read that anywhere from the company...or is that your own perception and conclusion?

Annotation 2020-01-17 212442.png

A snip taken from the first page where the graph is given by Jade audio comparing the fh1 to the ea3. They even say it in priority, they knew that it was meant to do those things better and they do. It's not in your face marketing, but yeah they do mention it.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #218 of 282
Did the so called burn in (10hours)But as I thought it doesn't help.
Chris Martin his voice is still prone to sibilance in the song Don't panic for instance.

I tuned down the 18k EQ. And it's less noticeable.

Jan 18, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #219 of 282
Did the so called burn in (10hours)But as I thought it doesn't help.
Chris Martin his voice is still prone to sibilance in the song Don't panic for instance.

I tuned down the 18k EQ. And it's less noticeable.
Try to change tips, it might work better.

It will not dramatically disappear, i mean. It'll still be there after burn in, but it'll not as harsh as on the mint condition at least

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #220 of 282
Try to change tips, might work better
Tried the wider bore tips... Bass was more prominent. And slightly less sibilance. Foam tips the sound gets darker. But still the hiss....
The more you pay attention the more frustrating it gets... Martin Garrix, used to love..good example

Maybe its also my source? ... DX160.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #221 of 282
Tried the wider bore tips... Bass was more prominent. And slightly less sibilance. Foam tips the sound gets darker. But still the hiss....
The more you pay attention the more frustrating it gets... Martin Garrix, used to love..

Maybe its alos my source... DX160.
They do pick up hiss, even when i drive them with my phone. The only source that it doesn't pick up hiss was with my sony a55. Also if you believe in cable, maybe try using pure cooper cable.*if you believe cable change sound

Jan 18, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #222 of 282
The more you pay attention the more frustrating it gets... Martin Garrix, used to love..good example

Maybe its also my source? ... DX160.

You may want to try tin t2 tips or similar wide bore silicone tips. Not rubber ones, also the cable makes a significant difference to me.

Update: The tenmak tips are even better, they are wide bore and hard silicone.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #224 of 282
Try to change tips, it might work better.

It will not dramatically disappear, i mean. It'll still be there after burn in, but it'll not as harsh as on the mint condition at least

I tried the smaller bore black tips and found the treble a bit hot. Changing to the Black/Red wider bore tips was a huge improvement. Changing the cable was also a necessity. I swapped the cable for the one that’s included with the Guideray GR-I and I did hear an improvement. I chaulk it up to the stock wire being too thin. So I tossed on a silver NiceHCK $10 cable and have no complaints. I’m liking what I’m hearing so far. There could be a bit more grunt down low considering how large the DD is but at least nothing’s missing. No major complaints in the mid/treble region. I have 80 hours of continuous play time on my set and I’ll let it go for another 15 hours or so and let them take a breather.

So far I like what I hear but I need to listen and compare to other sets before I write a formal review. That is if I even do.:gs1000smile:

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #225 of 282
I tried the smaller bore black tips and found the treble a bit hot. Changing to the Black/Red wider bore tips was a huge improvement. Changing the cable was also a necessity. I swapped the cable for the one that’s included with the Guideray GR-I and I did hear an improvement. I chaulk it up to the stock wire being too thin. So I tossed on a silver NiceHCK $10 cable and have no complaints. I’m liking what I’m hearing so far. There could be a bit more grunt down low considering how large the DD is but at least nothing’s missing. No major complaints in the mid/treble region. I have 80 hours of continuous play time on my set and I’ll let it go for another 15 hours or so and let them take a breather.

So far I like what I hear but I need to listen and compare to other sets before I write a formal review. That is if I even do.:gs1000smile:

+1 to changing to red stock tips and cable. +/- burn in. These help to tame the treble brightness and sibilance for me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back