JadeAudio EA3(FiiO'Sub-brand)-1 BA(Knowles) +1 Dynamic 0.78mm 2pins in-Ear earphone
Jan 20, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #226 of 282
20200120_114518~2.jpg
I just received mine yesterday, havent burn in yet, but really from OOTB Jade Audio have my attention.

to be honest the shell is ugly, im sorry to tell that but that my honest opinion, the rendered whatet / blue color is much nicer with transparent body shell, with only blue color on face plate and the blue color is darker, more to the deep violet blue, not like the real thing which is towards cyan-ish and full in blue shell. (edit : my photo didnt show real whatet color, they looked more cyan-ish in real, really the shell made them like cheapo IEM) I saw the black color color variant they look much better.

Fit is good, but the bottom part a bit protrude for me, feels a bit thick, but is not too bad. Any eartips can fit well enough, but im settle with spiral dots for this one.

Now lets go to main part, the sound
sound signature overall very balance, no bass or treble part have more authority and mids aren't recessed. seriously from OOTB i already have a sign of great tuning of these. perhaps a bit fuller on upper mids and lower mids, around 5-6khz but they have very good control. The knowles BA shows its class, they are mature in sound, details yet smooth. These have energetic signature but not v shaped, its like have sharpening clear effect but not overdo until sounded unnatural. timbre is really good for hybrid drivers.

Bass have a very deep extension and good rumbles, have a little bit smearing on the edge of each bass note, but as i expect from many below $100 IEM, but still better than majority. texture on the bass is really good, with good tuning deep bigger sub bass, a very little mid bass bleed.
let see if burning can make them tighter. Decay of the bass is average, not slow but not the fastest. 13mm DD from Spring 1 is faster but too bad the tuning is bigger on the mid bass. I like bass on this set more rather than Spring 1 to be honest (remember only the bass part, they arent on same class)

Mids on EA3 aren't recessed, a little bit forward, with performing a very gentle yet very clear. Clarity is wow, im impressed with the first listening, its fast, snappy, with overall good timbre. again the Knowles is doing his job great here. they didn't sounded cold at all, and have a good weight. Female voices and male voices is quite balanced with female voices just a slight more emphasized but very safe from 3khz peak which are my biggest weakness. a little bit to the up on 5-6khz they have bossted frequencies. These maybe caused few reviews i read they are a bit sounded bright.
hi hat close and release sounded clear yet can be tiring for long session but for me i can take them, i wont call them as disturbance. as comparison the TRN v90 and BA5 and **** pro sounded more brighter and busy on lower treble part than these, and overall 'harsher'. EA3 can made them sounded smooth.

Trebles are really well extended and sounded crispy, i like the crispiness here like in BA5, but smoother. delicate trebles, with details but clear and snappy.

soundstage is wide, depth is average, imaging is good not as good as KB100 in budget segment but very decent. separation is very good for only 1+1 DD BA driver but still lose to 5 driver hybrids like ZSX, V90 or BA5 as expected.

Overall i will say this is a very great contender on budget segments, what i really like from this set is the clarity and details, especially on mids and trebles. finger snaps, drum rolls, snare extension and guitars sounded crispy and clear.
compared to ZSN pro which have same configuration, they are on different class, ZSN pro sounded harsh, trying so hard to emphasize details but yet EA3 sounded effortless to bring up more details. If there any ZSN pro aspect that better will be the fit and the price, but for me EA3 really worth with higher price tag.

This isn't my final review, just my simple impressions OOTB and to the burn in machine they gooo...

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #230 of 282
I want to ask everybody here to help me out. I think I saw someone saying something along these lines: EA3 reveal sounds which I never heard before, but this can be fatiguin. Basically saying that it's their first time hearing some elements in music, aka they didn't hear them before.
I am specifically looking for the post where this is written. It drives me crazy that I cannot find it hahaha, so please help me out. If you wrote it, please reference me to the post where you did.

I feel the same but I just need the post because it's driving me crazy that I can't remember where I saw it.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #232 of 282
I tried to purchase the EA3 from aliexpress.
But it said that they do not accept PayPal for this item.
Dang it.

Jan 24, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #233 of 282
I tried to purchase the EA3 from aliexpress.
But it said that they do not accept PayPal for this item.
Dang it.
I encourage you to purchase a pair from @Sunstealer, he has them up for a charitable donation, all you have to do is donate to a charity and he will send them over. I think this is amazing what he is doing and that someone should make it happen. We need to see more stuff like this =)
It's all good, I found out that it's from @Igcubana himself.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #234 of 282
I encourage you to purchase a pair from @Sunstealer, he has them up for a charitable donation, all you have to do is donate to a charity and he will send them over. I think this is amazing what he is doing and that someone should make it happen. We need to see more stuff like this =)

It's all good, I found out that it's from @Igcubana himself.
Just sold I'm afraid.

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #235 of 282
Dang it. i was too slow.
Wonder why some people don't except paypal?
Is it because of the fee? probably. bummer

Jan 24, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #236 of 282
Just sold I'm afraid.

If you ever have a set of 380's for a good price, please let me know. i'm in the market for a set.
The 480 doesn't seem like my cup of tea to be honest. but the 380's do.

Jan 27, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #238 of 282
I put them on through a well known auction site. The money goes to a local charity, which is the most important thing for me.

I don't seem to have much luck selling stuff on here.....even though the price is adjusted appropriately for fees :disappointed:

Jan 30, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #239 of 282
So, I finally got around to reviewing the Jade Audio EA3. It took a bit longer due to the bad weather that made taking photos outside a bit of a challenge. Nonetheless, please give it a read: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/23222/
IMG_5231.JPG

Jan 30, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #240 of 282
So, I finally got around to reviewing the Jade Audio EA3. It took a bit longer due to the bad weather that made taking photos outside a bit of a challenge. Nonetheless, please give it a read: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/23222/
Great review, pretty much covering everything relevant.

Somehow I have a feeling that the EA3 was a beta testing product for the FiiO FH1s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back