JadeAudio EA3(FiiO'Sub-brand)-1 BA(Knowles) +1 Dynamic 0.78mm 2pins in-Ear earphone
Jan 11, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #181 of 282
Jan 11, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #182 of 282
Update on EA3: I changed the cable to C-16-3, pair it with M P Type fender tips & it seems to have better sound than the stock. They become much less tin can sounding. Will test them further to see if it was a placebo or not.

Also: I didn't expect any update on my review unit today since it's weekend, but what a surprise my custom made. It will get send to me by this monday/tuesday!

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #183 of 282
Hey it's here.

image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG image6.JPG

I think I know everything there is to know about EA3. My movie has been spoiled and then some.
I'll do an honest review however. But I'll need to let this thaw to room temperature before I burn them in. It's like polar vortexing again here.

Jan 11, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #184 of 282
Hey it's here.

I think I know everything there is to know about EA3. My movie has been spoiled and then some.
I'll do an honest review however. But I'll need to let this thaw to room temperature before I burn them in. It's like polar vortexing again here.
Hey, mine just did as well. So far i definitely like what i'm hearing, using red stemmed stock tips.

Jan 12, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #185 of 282
Here is my play list and I'm going to take a little while before I can write up a review. But initial impressions say ea3 is better than my top ES3 and MH755. And I snicked in to listen before finishing burn in and this doesnot need to burn in my opinion. The treble is not hot, maybe a little more extended than ES3. There appears to be many positives like light weight, fast response, easy to drive, great separation, really clean, wide space and stage, and so on and so on. The few things I found already that could improve include better labeling on the ear pieces (Jade Audio is hard to see and left and right is hard to see), and the 2 pin connection could be better protected. The cable does not have memory wire built in, but it is preformed to a user friendly shape that is much preferred. I'll report back later.

Playlist:

After ea3 I was right this is not English.

Before ea3 I thought this song was saying petty groove.
Talk about hearing things differently.

Club sound.

I'm using Creative G5 and the songs are played at moderate volume. As I turn up the volume, the power handling is impressive. I notice the ES3 ear piece is quite larger than the ea3, and I suspect the sound presentation is different because of it. The ea3 has perceptibly wider sound stage, while the whole space seems just bigger in the ES3. The detail on the ea3 is better, separation is better, and the sound is more uncolored than the ES3 as if it is completely transparent. I think the Fiio house sound from what I remember of the F9 pro is striving to be clinically transparent. Personally I don't mind the extra color, if done right. The F9 Pro was brighter and had more Fiio house sound than ea3 (ea3 more transparent feeling to me). But I acknowledge like I did from the previous review, I think I don't have enough gear to prove ea3's weaknesses. Just to note, I did not like the sound coming from VE Odyssey and Advanced Accessport Lite. Maybe it was not enough power or the treble was not pleasing with those. There was a song where the vocals got drowned out by the accompaniments. I suppose that was not intentional. But other songs where the voice was staged in the fore ground had no such experience. I used eq just to see how it responded, and eq seems to add more bass when desired. With flat eq ea3 is not basshead friendly.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #186 of 282
Is there a place for a reviee or every slot and sample is already taked?
I wouls really like to review them. Many peiole just made me curious about it.
I don't mind about the color, just wondering if you have some units left for reviews, school taxes and books have already sucked all my money that I could use to buy them and try them (friends all have beats and other mainstream brands which I always stay far from, so I cannot even try them from a friend).

Jan 12, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #187 of 282
Is there a place for a reviee or every slot and sample is already taked?
I wouls really like to review them. Many peiole just made me curious about it.
I don't mind about the color, just wondering if you have some units left for reviews, school taxes and books have already sucked all my money that I could use to buy them and try them (friends all have beats and other mainstream brands which I always stay far from, so I cannot even try them from a friend).
Sad to say that the slot for their review tour has been closed since 13th of December. If you had joined earlier, you would have the chance to get the review unit

Jan 12, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #188 of 282
No problem then, at least I have tried.
Thanks a lot for the fast reply!

Jan 12, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #189 of 282
After some hours with the EA3 i have decided to EQ to warm up the sound to my likeness. I found cymbals super annoying as well as the typical 10kHz that annoys me (TRN V90 also does this to my ears). The stock tips ended up not working out for me in both fit and sound. I'm using starline tips as per @baskingshark rec and that also helps. I spent about an hour setting up a reverse/cutting EQ to my liking and finally went with the following:
ea31.png ea32.png
The goal was increase some mid bass, get rid of the 10 KHz annoyance and some sibilance within certain tracks in voices with ssssss's. These may be source dependent as some have said, this EQ only applies to my setup which is found in sig but it could be beneficial to some still. It sounds excellent to me now, I try not to give up on an IEM too early.

Jan 12, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #190 of 282
I've also found this IEM doesn't sound sibilant or exhibit peaks from my note 8, but that's pretty normal for the note 8 audio as it isn't very revealing of anything to begin with.

Jan 13, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #192 of 282
Final Thoughts, on the EA3. OOTB they definitely need burn in. After changing cables they are the most clear yet fun sounding iems in my list. Only and only after i change that cable, which makes mid bass prominent and tones down the treble. One should only buy this iem if they are willing to change the cable, just for the sound and nothing else. But that would defeat the purpose of being the budget package. After cable swap sound =4.75/5 OOTB=4/5.

Jan 13, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #193 of 282
Blon03 vs Jade Audio EA3

After being on the Blon train for a while, I moved onto whatever was new and shiny.

As I see the growing feedback on the EA3 reflecting a slight sibilants and a lack of mid-bass; I discounted it to enthusiasm by new owners, who hadn't properly broken in their fresh off of the boat EA3s. But when the comparisons to the Blons started, I had to pull out mine, to do a head to head.

EA3 sub bass: yes, present. A clean and authoritative punch.

EA3, mid bass: I don't disagree, that male vocals on the EA3 can lack the proper timbre. But I was willing to make the sacrifice, for clean mids/no mid bass bleed. But after listening to both IEMs playback Ed Sheeran, "Shape of you", it becomes glaringly apparent how much of the broader mid bass range is missing on the EA3. If you're into the Blon sound signature.

EA3, up top: yes, on certain songs there's a touch of sibilants; but with some EQ magic, it can be tamed and the Knowles BA can continue to do it's thing for micro details.
EQ Blon n EA3.png

EA3, micro details: from day one, I noticed that some background instruments have more of a presence; sometimes I find this disconcerting, as I'm not accustomed to suddenly hearing a tambourine or a cymbal (where there wasn't one before) in a song that I'm overly familiar with. I'm not a gamer, but I wonder if this attention to background details might not be what FPS players may be looking for.

EA3 vs Blon03.jpg

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #195 of 282
EA3, micro details: from day one, I noticed that some background instruments have more of a presence; sometimes I find this disconcerting, as I'm not accustomed to suddenly hearing a tambourine or a cymbal (where there wasn't one before) in a song that I'm overly familiar with. I'm not a gamer, but I wonder if this attention to background details might not be what FPS players may be looking for.

Exactly my experience with them and what I think makes them fatiguing. The sound field is not homogenous but some instruments jump out of the picture and suddenly sound so close, although they would occupy the last row in the orchestra. This might be fascinating on the first hearing, like discovering new details and layers and one can easily be fooled by extra contrast and micro details, but IMHO it is kind of manipulation of the sound. The soundstage doesn't sound natural to me. Of course nobody is expecting perfect soundstage from any iems, but if you start hearing back voices dominating the lead one, then something is not right.

As much as combo of DD and BA might be technically fascinating, I have a feeling that they are not quite well adjusted to each other. In short, I often have a felling to hear the music from two completely different sources, one close to me and one further away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back