JadeAudio EA3(FiiO'Sub-brand)-1 BA(Knowles) +1 Dynamic 0.78mm 2pins in-Ear earphone
Jan 9, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #166 of 282
i much prefer red than black one
I guess most people say they prefer the red tips. I personally prefer ortofon tips on the EA3. The red tips still give me too much bass however. Ortofon give me more balanced sounding

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #167 of 282
+1 to the red stock tips.
They make the EA3's lower treble/upper mids less harsh than the black ones. Sibilance is also less with the red ones.

Personally I like KZ starlines the most with the EA3 for reducing the treble, but the red stock tips ain't too bad too.
i also like sedna earrfit on it.So much better details in it and sedna is mostly all in my iems

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #168 of 282
Going from Starfield to EA3: the bass is too much for my liking even with the red tips. The vocal also feels like it was strained in a room (not open sounding). After some tips rolling, I settled with Ortofon.

Well, this is just first impression after listening to them with a few songs. It may get better after some burning in

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #169 of 282
i also like sedna earrfit on it.So much better details in it and sedna is mostly all in my iems
Wow, it has a lot of treble already & you still using sedna on it hahaha. Also, the black sedna give boost to the bass. So..

Jan 10, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #173 of 282
Jan 10, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #174 of 282
EA3 has completely dissapeared from the store: "Sorry, this item is no longer available!"
Either they are completely sold out, or they are sacrificed or moved away for a while because of the upcoming FH1s.
I guess they're sold out since 545 pairs has been sold last time i checked.

Jan 10, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #175 of 282
EA3 has completely dissapeared from the store: "Sorry, this item is no longer available!"
Either they are completely sold out, or they are sacrificed or moved away for a while because of the upcoming FH1s.

Able to bought (07/01) mine 'Winter Sale' at 38$ but the color is blue, never able to grab black color which looks really good. Anyhow today (10/01) they shipped just 3 hours ago.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #176 of 282
Jan 10, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #180 of 282
Any direct comparison with the BLON 03 regarding the treble sensitive area?

BLON has less treble extension/airiness than the EA3 and is less bright as such, though at the loss of treble details for the BLON. It's a trade off between a brighter set and a non fatiguing set. I do find the EA3 a bit fatiguing for longer listening sessions, especially with female vocals involved, though on some tracks I'm familiar with, there's some parts of the higher treble that is not conveyed well by the BLON.

BLON has no sibilance whereas the EA3 has a tinge of sibilance, but it also depends what volume u are using the EA3 at, as with jacking up the volume the treble harshness and sibilance is more apparent on the EA3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back