Jack in the Box...Wha?
Aug 20, 2002 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

HD-5000

1000+ Head-Fier
I went down to Dallas and Houston in Texas and I found 2 EXTREMELY common fast food places that I didn't even know existed. Jack in the Box and Whataburger. I was so curious that I stopped for a Jack in the Box hamburger. Soso, but why doesnt Kansas City have these two francises? Are there these elusive fast food places in other parts of the United States?

Thanks for feeding my hunger for useless information.

PS I gotta get out more

Aug 21, 2002 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 56
I too discovered Jack in the Box a few weeks ago on my first trip out west. Infinitely better than Mc Donalds. We don't have any jack in the boxes here in Pittsburgh. Or, in the east, for that matter.

Aug 21, 2002 at 12:44 AM Post #3 of 56
I grew up with Whataburger in East Texas. I think the very first store was in Longview. Now they are primarily in Texas, Alabama, Louisiana, and Arkansas. I'm in California now craving a Whataburger.

about_2.gif

Jack in the Cracks were always around in TX, and there's one just down the street here in Santa Cruz. Geez, I thought they were everywhere!

aboutourcompany.jpg

eek.gif

Aug 21, 2002 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 56
I grew up in So Cal and practically lived on Jack in the Box, oh yea, and Carls Jr and In N Out Burger (both CA chains). Now I live in PA and there are no good burger places. The west definitely has the best fast food!
Man I could go on for hours, Theres Wimpys in Huningtom Beach, the Hamburger Stand, Marathon and the list goes on! I guess I have to plan a Vacation just to get a good burger!

Aug 21, 2002 at 12:56 AM Post #5 of 56
RickG, you're unbelieveable !
biggrin.gif
(got a pic of the first White Castle ?)

Jack in the Box used to be in NY, I got a friend who still mourns them. He's even emailed them, but they have no plans to come back east.

Aug 21, 2002 at 12:57 AM Post #6 of 56
Er, really? Don't you remember that they had an outbreak of the so called "flesh-eating" E. coli many years ago? heh.

I just assumed Jack in the Box was everywhere. Despite being born there, I haven't been to the big MO since I was like 1.

Jack in the Box is okay. The ultimate cheeseburger is supposedly the unhealthiest piece of fast food on the market. Especially the version with bacon. It exceeds most people's daily fat allowance about halfway through the sandwich.

And when you are the unhealthiest fast food, that really is saying something. But it is soooo tasty. Meat, cheese, and bread.

Their tacos are "special" They deep fry the whole thing, lettuce and all I think. Great place now that I think about it.

Michael

Aug 21, 2002 at 1:59 AM Post #12 of 56
I went to CA this summer and had Carl's Jr. and In N Out burger. Best fast food ever. My cousin was startled to find that here in Florida neither of these wonderful places exist, "and they don't have Jack in the Box, either"...
3000 miles sure is a long way to go for a burger
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2002 at 2:15 AM Post #14 of 56
I thought I had seen that star before
rolleyes.gif

But I'm still out of luck as both sonic's and the star place (whatever it's called) are about an hour away. Of course, there's always Chinese food. I'm not always sure what it is, but it sure does taste good
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2002 at 2:34 AM Post #15 of 56
How about Wendy's, are they everywhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back