Jack in the Box...Wha?
Aug 21, 2002 at 3:19 AM Post #16 of 56
In N Out burger is the only fast food place I will eat. They cut their own fries and grind their own hamburger. The rest of them, no way.

All of you, buy, borrow or steal a copy of "Fast Food Nation" and read it all. Find out just why it was that in 1992 in Australia I first heard of Jack-in-the-box as "crap-in-the-box". Eat that stuff often and you will die of it, fast or slow it makes no difference. You may as well smoke 20 cigars a day...

Aug 21, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #17 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by aeberbach
Eat that stuff often and you will die of it, fast or slow it makes no difference. You may as well smoke 20 cigars a day...

So true so true, but you can always sue them

In N Out rules BTW. I get it everytime I'm in Cali.

Michael

Aug 21, 2002 at 3:57 AM Post #18 of 56
Quote:

All of you, buy, borrow or steal a copy of "Fast Food Nation" and read it all. Find out just why it was that in 1992 in Australia I first heard of Jack-in-the-box as "crap-in-the-box". Eat that stuff often and you will die of it, fast or slow it makes no difference. You may as well smoke 20 cigars a day...

Thanks for the reminder, i just ordered it and a weather book i had in my wishlist from April 2001
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2002 at 4:03 AM Post #19 of 56
Same here, I used the like fast food, but the only place I hit occasionally is In'N'Out.

I have a genetically caused high colesterol level and live on a pretty much low/no fat diet for four years now eating lots of veggies, fruits, wheat, rice, beans, all the health stuff.

The first half year was pretty bad, but after that the health stuff really grows on you. Nowadays I don't have any inclination whatsoever to get even like a hot dog somewhere, but just whip out an apple instead.

Same happened to me with audio. CDs are the fast food of audio. If you like quality and are not afraid to work for it a little bit, go vinyl! (Sorry, couldn't resists).

Aug 21, 2002 at 4:29 AM Post #20 of 56
You know, HD-500, I coulda sworn there was a Jack in the Box out in OP near where I used to live. But I just looked on their website and it says none in Kansas at all. And none on the Missouri side of the city either.

But whatever. They don't have Gates in Houston.

kerelybonto

Aug 21, 2002 at 4:36 AM Post #21 of 56
BURGERVILLE
C'mon you guys from Portland know Burgerville. They are even smaller in region than In N Out. The farthest east I've ever seen Burgerville is The Dalles OR. Or was that Hoodriver?

I am so glad Jack in the Box finally made it to smaller towns. There is one in the town I stay at every other night. There are a couple in Kennewick WA that we stop at sometimes along with one Carl's Junior. I've had bad luck at Carl's so I don't stop there anymore.

My town is so small that we only have McDonalds, Wendy's and a Burger King that is part of a gas station. Oh, I forgot we got Taco Bell, Taco Time and a KFC. I don't like Taco Bell and the Wendy's is to scary to eat it. (I know some of the people that work there and I won't let them in my house, let alone eat something they've touched)

BTW I remember a drive in Baker that's called the In N Out. It uses a logo similar to the chain In N Out but this place has been there for 40 years.

Aug 21, 2002 at 5:41 AM Post #22 of 56
I'll probably get flamed for this
very_evil_smiley.gif
but I just don't get all the hype over In'N'Out. Every place I've lived in the past 10 years or so has had one within 5-10 minutes, and it's probably been 3 years since I ate at one. They just don't do much for me
wink.gif

On the other hand, what I really miss about southern California is the greatest "fast food" burger on the planet: Fatburger!!! (And contrary to the name, they're actually one of the healthiest fast food burgers on the market.) Something about the spices they use on their burgers, and the condiments -- along with making milk shakes with real ice cream -- whenever I'm in LA that's the first place I go for a burger
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2002 at 7:24 AM Post #23 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
I just went to Jack in the Box on my vacation to Portland...

I GOT A SEATTLE MARINERS JACK ATTENNA BALL!!!

very snazzy....

I have about fifty of those...I like the sourdough combo. I'll sell em to you cheap.
smily_headphones1.gif

You guys don't know what you're missing without having a Dick's around though. That place is great. I'll take it over In 'n Out or Carl's Jr. anyday.

Aug 21, 2002 at 12:20 PM Post #24 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
On the other hand, what I really miss about southern California is the greatest "fast food" burger on the planet: Fatburger!!! (And contrary to the name, they're actually one of the healthiest fast food burgers on the market.) Something about the spices they use on their burgers, and the condiments -- along with making milk shakes with real ice cream -- whenever I'm in LA that's the first place I go for a burger
biggrin.gif

Fatburgerrrrrrr...boy do I miss Fatburger!!! But make sure you ask them to put it on the charbroiler (versus the grill). In my college days at UCLA, I would order a Double King with cheese, & a fried egg, charbroiled. That would last me for lunch & dinner nowadays
smily_headphones1.gif

I grew up in Los Angeles, and only moved to Dallas 5 years ago. I really miss the wealth & diversity of all the different fast food places in L.A. The place I miss the most is Panos Charbroiler in the San Fernando valley...great charbroiled burgers, and the ***BEST*** Gyros in the United States!!! I was in L.A. just last month & I got my fix
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 21, 2002 at 12:32 PM Post #25 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by hongda
Over in Fl they have Sonics and Carl's Jr. Although, it's not called Carl's Jr.
biggrin.gif
It's the fast food with a yellow star as the logo.

The other star place is hardees. They were bought by Carl Kartcher enterprises a few years back. Their food however SUCKS!!!

Carls Jr is awesome! And as for In N Out, nothing like a Double Double with grilled Onions and a chocolate shake!

Oh yea, one other honorable mention: el Pollo Loco!

Aug 21, 2002 at 12:52 PM Post #27 of 56
Quote:

In N Out burger is the only fast food place I will eat. They cut their own fries and grind their own hamburger. The rest of them, no way.

First, YES! You hear a lot of hype about Fatburger, but In-N-Out is really and truly the only fast food hamburger worth eating. I have NO idea how they sell McDonald's in SoCal.

Carl's Jr. blows, and I call Jack-In-The-Box Jack-Off-In-A-Box. 'Nuff said.

P.S. El Pollo Loco, si! I loves me a BRC with black beans, nummy!

Aug 21, 2002 at 1:14 PM Post #28 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Guidry
Carl's Jr. blows,

Thems fightin words!

Wester Bacon Cheeseburger and an order of fried Zuccini...man am I getting hungry!!!

Aug 21, 2002 at 1:46 PM Post #29 of 56
Hmmm In-N-Out. . . is that a west only chain as well? I THINK I may remember seeing them out west. . .

btw, why is Jack-in-the-box crap? I know it's not healthy, but when I had one for the first time. . .
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back