Jaben Hyperdynamic IEM's
Jan 21, 2016 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Layman1

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi All,

I auditioned these on Jaben's stall at London CanJam 2015.
Myself and several far more prolific HeadFi-ers thought these were absolutely AMAZEBALLS.

My last pair of IEM's were the Audeo Phonak 112's, costing around £140, and, at that same CanJam, I listened to a plethora of IEM's and headphones ranging from ~£100 to £2'500+, courtesy of the many industry stalls there and MoeDawg's amazing free IEM testing table
biggrin.gif

I can honestly say, the only IEM's I heard which really blew me away and that I felt were markedly better than my Audeo Phonak's were the JH Roxannes and the Jaben Hyperdynamic IEM's.
The remarkable thing being, they guys at the Jaben stall advised they planned to sell the Hyperdynamic IEM's for "significantly less than $200"!
basshead.gif

However, the model they were demo-ing was only a prototype, and I've heard nothing since then, and found nothing online.

Anyone else heard anything regarding a release date, or in contact with any of the people at Jaben?

And may I be the first to volunteer for a free pair to review on here?
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #2 of 9
  Hi All,

I auditioned these on Jaben's stall at London CanJam 2015.
Myself and several far more prolific HeadFi-ers thought these were absolutely AMAZEBALLS.

My last pair of IEM's were the Audeo Phonak 112's, costing around £140, and, at that same CanJam, I listened to a plethora of IEM's and headphones ranging from ~£100 to £2'500+, courtesy of the many industry stalls there and MoeDawg's amazing free IEM testing table
biggrin.gif

I can honestly say, the only IEM's I heard which really blew me away and that I felt were markedly better than my Audeo Phonak's were the JH Roxannes and the Jaben Hyperdynamic IEM's.
The remarkable thing being, they guys at the Jaben stall advised they planned to sell the Hyperdynamic IEM's for "significantly less than $200"!
basshead.gif

However, the model they were demo-ing was only a prototype, and I've heard nothing since then, and found nothing online.

Anyone else heard anything regarding a release date, or in contact with any of the people at Jaben?

And may I be the first to volunteer for a free pair to review on here?
wink.gif

I'm very interested in these too, kicking myself i didnt spot them at the London CanJam. 
Is there anywhere in London i can get to listen to these?

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #3 of 9
  I'm very interested in these too, kicking myself i didnt spot them at the London CanJam. 
Is there anywhere in London i can get to listen to these?

Wow, a reply to my thread! I felt like the scene in Vic & Bob's TV show "Shooting Stars", where he tells a bad joke and everyone falls silent, as a desloate wind blows tumbleweed across the studio floor
tongue.gif

Well, unless anyone can chime in with further info, all I can say is that to my knowledge there isn't anywhere.
I was able to try them because Jaben (the manufacturer/seller) had a stall at the CanJam event in London last year.
But the pair they were allowing people to listen to was just a pre-production demo unit.
To my knowledge, they haven't yet started manufacturing this IEM yet.
I *think* they may have said they planned to release them around July this year, but I don't know if I've remembered that correctly or not!

However, for me, as long as they sound as good as they did (or better!) and the suggested retail price of "significantly less than $200" is not massively increased, then these will be an absolute must-buy when they come out!

I do hope someone with more/insider knowledge can contribute here regarding any further details!

Oh, and for the record, I was a volunteer there and a relative newbie on this forum.
Having read various posts and reviews, I'm now kicking myself at all the products I failed to demo or A/B test when I had the chance, not least Noble Audio's line up, the whole Schitt range and the £19K Sennheiser Orpheus. Well, live and learn, and hopefully they'll be back again next year lol
beerchug.gif

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #6 of 9
  New Jaben stuff seems too close to vaporware.

Been searching for info on the Hyperdynamic and the GoVibe Porta Tube II for the past year........

Yeah. Given that they are based in Malaysia I think, with stores in various countries in East/South East Asia (including Singapore), I assumed they'd have a stand at the Singapore CanJam that just took place.
I also assumed they'd maybe have the same IEM prototype or a more up to date version for people to listen to, and hopefully info regarding an official release date.

I've asked on the Singapore CanJam forum, unfortunately after the event has already finished, but I'll wait hopefully to see if anyone knows anything there..
I haven't read the whole 22 page thread, but I did a search for "Jaben" and "Hyperdynamic" on the thread and found nothing for those particular IEM's :frowning2:

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #7 of 9

Yeah. Given that they are based in Malaysia I think, with stores in various countries in East/South East Asia (including Singapore), I assumed they'd have a stand at the Singapore CanJam that just took place.
I also assumed they'd maybe have the same IEM prototype or a more up to date version for people to listen to, and hopefully info regarding an official release date.

I've asked on the Singapore CanJam forum, unfortunately after the event has already finished, but I'll wait hopefully to see if anyone knows anything there..
I haven't read the whole 22 page thread, but I did a search for "Jaben" and "Hyperdynamic" on the thread and found nothing for those particular IEM's :frowning2:

Jaben is from Singapore. They definitely had a stand but I'm not sure what they displayed.

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #8 of 9

Jaben is from Singapore. They definitely had a stand but I'm not sure what they displayed.

Oops, pardon me. I thought I'd read that their head office/store was in Malaysia, and that they also had a store in Singapore, but obviously not.
I'm not in any way implying that M'sia and Singapore are interchangeable entities lol.
Reminds me of a South Park quote, where the US is on the verge of going to war with Canada:
Jimbo: "Ooh, I can't wait to go and kill me some Australians!"
Uncle Ned: "Erm, I think we're fighting Canada.."
Jimbo: "Candadians, Australians; what's the difference?!"

PS: Humour. Not condoning violence against any country lol.
PPS: Other countries are also available :p

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #9 of 9
  New Jaben stuff seems too close to vaporware.

Been searching for info on the Hyperdynamic and the GoVibe Porta Tube II for the past year........

Lol, vaporware indeed. The last time I visited Jaben enquiring about the Hyperdynamic, they promised me that I will have a chance to hear it at Canjam Singapore. Turns out, the jaben store booth at Canjam did not carry a sample during the event. Major disappointment....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back