jaben hippo shroom eb vs Head-Direct RE0
Nov 15, 2010 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

boobie

New Head-Fier
hi.

Im in need of new iems and these two have made me interested. My source is a zune 80 and i will use them mainly on the go. I will not be using an amp. The price difference is not that big of a deal but i am not willing to spend much more than this.. So you can also propose another pair from the same price category. I listen to indie rock and electro.. i like to have bass but not over the top.. the main thing i like is clarity, thats what i want from my headphones.. if i forgot to give some important info just ask.. i will be glad to have any inputs from you guys.

boobie.

Nov 16, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #2 of 6
blink.gif

Nov 16, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 6
I haven't heard the Shroom, but I did have the RE0 combined with a Zune 30.  One thing that will hurt the RE0 with the Zune 80 is that it does not have any EQ available -- only the stock sound, which without an amp, will leave the RE0 sounding weak in the bottom end, too thin.  The RE0 is improved with some extra power (amp) and unless you like a pretty thin sound, a good bit of EQ on the bottom end.

Reviews of the Shroom may put it in the same position with the Zune 80, no ability to boost the lower end for a fuller sound.

You might want to consider the less expensive Shroom combined with a portable amp that has a bass boost like the iBasso T4 or JDS Labs Bass Boost CMoy.

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #5 of 6
he is saying that if you dont amp they wont hav emuch bass.  Joker is a great reviewer but he admittedly prefers a little less bass than some.  

Nov 17, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 6
Note, Shroom and Shroom-EB are two difference IEM. Shroom-EB, even without the best tip, has more bass than Shroom. If you use an UE bi-flange on Shroom-EB, it will have all the bass you will need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back