I've lost most of the mids from my alienears triple.fi 10 remolds on the left side
Mar 12, 2011 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dorkultra

New Head-Fier
I'm a first time poster, HI!
I got my ears molded by an audiologist in january...shipped off my molded to alienears and got my custom monitors a couple of weeks later.  I sent alienears a brand new set of UE triple.fi 10s to remold.

I've noticed recently that the balance has shifted toward the right side.  I have highs and bass on the left, but not much in the midrange.  I thought it was all in my head or the way the IEMs were fitting in my ears.  So, I tested a couple of things out.  I upgraded the cable and noticed no difference.  Made sure the filters were clean.  Swapped the direction of a cable, maybe the polarity was messed up. nope.  Tried playing a loop of whitenoise on the left side only for about a week straight to see if it might open it up or something (sorry for my noobness)  This didn't help at all.

then i played some white noise and covered up the holes on each monitor.  when i cover up the green hole on the left monitor, i barely hear anything come out, maybe a little bass at most.  when i do this to the right monitor, I hear pronounced midrange.  This seems to me that one of the BAs on the left side is having a problem.

Ultimately I imagine that I need to contact Andre about a repair...i'm really not looking forward to putting any more money into these

Anyone else ever have an issue like this?

Mar 19, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Get back as to what the problem was as these are actually 3 driver 2 ways. Maybe you lost one of the 2 low/mid drivers.

yeah, this sounds exactly like that happened.  weird, because these triple.fis are brand new from the amazon $99 sale in december.  infact, i had only listened to them for about 5 minutes before i shipped them off to alien ears.

when i got back my IEMs, they sounded great....then i noticed the loss of midrange on the left side.  it would come back sometimes and i thought i just had a cold or it was in my head

Mar 28, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #5 of 6
so, i sent them out.  didn't hear anything for about a week, didn't show an update on the website either.  got a tracking number the other night, they arrive tomorrow.  

i guess they are being fixed for free!  i can't wait to get them tomorrow

Mar 29, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #6 of 6
got them back today, that was some quick turn around time!

looks like they replaced a surface mount component, just judging from the soldering work.  its a small black rectangle, i think it says "ZORD" on it 
confused.gif

they sound beautiful now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back