I've learned 3 important things today
Aug 9, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #61 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol there was nothing else to do! I was just sitting around

in your panties for all to see
tongue.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #62 of 91
I'll admit I'm having a rough time, I keep remembering the blur of the other car in front of mine and the airbag.

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #63 of 91
Getting back out on the road after an ordeal like that can be pretty tough. I remember compulsively checking my rearview mirror every time I stopped at a red light for months after getting rear-ended in a friend's car (while standing peacefully at a red light). Guy gunned it an drove away, too.

Glad you're ok though - car looks pretty torn up.

On a sidenote, care to settle my curiousity (and a bet) as to what that is (was?) before the accident? I said it was a Dodge Spirit.

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #64 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Getting back out on the road after an ordeal like that can be pretty tough. I remember compulsively checking my rearview mirror every time I stopped at a red light for months after getting rear-ended in a friend's car (while standing peacefully at a red light). Guy gunned it an drove away, too.

Glad you're ok though - car looks pretty torn up.

On a sidenote, care to settle my curiousity (and a bet) as to what that is (was?) before the accident? I said it was a Dodge Spirit.

Luckily odds are I won't be driving again for 9 months because I'll be at school. The car looks like a big mess but surprisingly my dad drove it home from the scene - 5 miles away. You've pretty much got it, the car was a plymouth acclaim and it's twin was the dodge spirit.

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #65 of 91
Quote:

I'll admit I'm having a rough time, I keep remembering the blur of the other car in front of mine and the airbag.

I know it's loud when you hit something, but the airbag is louder. Like a shotgun going off in your face. Do you have any burns on face or arms from the bag?

Speaking of rough times, just a couple of days ago, an aquaintance of mine that I play pool with was driving a fully loaded garbage truck on a highway just on the edge of town, a 74 yr old lady drove through a stop sign, but stopped in the middle of the intersection right in front of him. She didn't make it, her daughter went to the hospital. He's physically OK, but pretty shook up emotionally. I don't see what else he could have done at that point.

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #66 of 91
Quote:

You've pretty much got it, the car was a plymouth acclaim and it's twin was the dodge spirit.

Thanks, just won me $10. Into the head-fi donation pot with that...

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #67 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know it's loud when you hit something, but the airbag is louder. Like a shotgun going off in your face. Do you have any burns on face or arms from the bag?

Speaking of rough times, just a couple of days ago, an aquaintance of mine that I play pool with was driving a fully loaded garbage truck on a highway just on the edge of town, a 74 yr old lady drove through a stop sign, but stopped in the middle of the intersection right in front of him. She didn't make it, her daughter went to the hospital. He's physically OK, but pretty shook up emotionally. I don't see what else he could have done at that point.

Yeah I just keep seeing the blurry car and hearing the airbag and seeing it blow up in my face with all the smoke. I ended up with a little burn on my chin, it's not so bad but it's annoying me.

Oh wow that is so scary and sad, I would be destroyed if something like that happened to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, just won me $10. Into the head-fi donation pot with that...

tongue.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #68 of 91
Wow! I'm gone for a couple of days and cr@p hits the fan!

I'm glad you are OK - cars are a lot easier to replace than body parts!

In some of the busier city streets around LA, they turn the lights red several seconds before they turn the cross street lights green. This is done so that the cars stranded in the intersection trying to make a left turn don't get hammered by three lanes of oncoming cars. Of course, that doesn't stop determined idiots...

Aug 9, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #70 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad your ok.

I know how it feels with the docs looking at your stuff. I had surgery on my leg once and woke up with my junk out and my mom in the room. We haven't looked eachother in the eyes since...

oh wow that is rough...

Aug 10, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #73 of 91
thanks a lot guys, I got some awesome news today. My insurance company is going to pay for 5 days off from work, so I don't have to go in until next monday.

Aug 10, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #74 of 91
Quote:

thanks a lot guys, I got some awesome news today. My insurance company is going to pay for 5 days off from work, so I don't have to go in until next monday.

nice

Aug 10, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #75 of 91
Quote:

Sweet! Just think of all the time you'll get to spend on head-fi!
smily_headphones1.gif

Glad to see you're still on this side of the grass. Keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back