bassbassbassbassbassbass

Aug 5, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #227 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG!

Just got the Denon D2000's.....

That's what I've been looking for!

Bass!

Not overdone, sloppy, bad bass....but fat, solid and down, down, down...with punch and power.

I love 'em!

Can't wait for their big brother to arrive...the D7000's.

OK, I'm sick. I admit it.

Sick, but very, very happy with what I'm hearing.

(I loved the 770's too...and the 880's...but it was like Jack Sprat. One was too fat, one was too lean)

THANK YOU everyone who pointed me towards Denon!!!!!

Now everyone...just shake hands.

wow im very happy now, my d2000 will come tomorrow! high 5!

Aug 5, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #229 of 246
lol at this thread resurrection. Also lol at the guy who said bass guitar was a support instrument. You're out of your mind.

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #230 of 246
Oh man.

I bought a pair of dt770s, but after reading through this thread, I'm really apprehensive about my purchase. I just wanted some bass heavy cans, that have a decent warm sound, but it seems like the dt770s have way too many other apparent flaws that detract away from the overall quality.
I'll have to listen to them myself, but the general consensus appears that the dt770's are substandard at best. Way to shoot down my confidence...
frown.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #231 of 246
Now my Q40's with my newly acquired Blue Dragon V3 cable.OMG!The bass is unreal!!Just wish the highs were boosted as well.Probably need to change the internal wiring.
o2smile.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #232 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by seraphjei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man.

I bought a pair of dt770s, but after reading through this thread, I'm really apprehensive about my purchase. I just wanted some bass heavy cans, that have a decent warm sound, but it seems like the dt770s have way too many other apparent flaws that detract away from the overall quality.
I'll have to listen to them myself, but the general consensus appears that the dt770's are substandard at best. Way to shoot down my confidence...
frown.gif

I know how you feel.I bought my Dt770's because of their questionable praise.But when i bought my Q40's on a whim at a local computer store.I found my bass cannons.Then i sold mine.The DT770's are good headphones.Just that people are labeling them as "bass heavy" or "best bass" and do not agree.

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #233 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana1000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now my Q40's with my newly acquired Blue Dragon V3 cable.OMG!The bass is unreal!!Just wish the highs were boosted as well.Probably need to change the internal wiring.
o2smile.gif

If you can't hear the highs just raise the volume.

Lol just kidding. Changing the internal wiring might help but who knows for sure (maybe Drew at moon-audio
tongue.gif
), but I think it's better to just use the equalizer to tone down the bass volume, or use gear/opamps/cables that have a less bassy sound.

Bass texture is very different with blue dragon cable than with stock cable and you can easily hear how different gear do bass, which makes me suspect the blue dragon simply allows the rest of the gear to pass on the low-end without hindrance, and what most gear and songs do is boost/bloat the bass. I also don't think the blue dragon is "innately" slow, but the bass can easily overshadow the rest of the music most of the time.

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #235 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can't hear the highs just raise the volume.

Lol just kidding. Changing the internal wiring might help but who knows for sure (maybe Drew at moon-audio
tongue.gif
), but I think it's better to just use the equalizer to tone down the bass volume, or use gear/opamps/cables that have a less bassy sound.

Bass texture is very different with blue dragon cable than with stock cable and you can easily hear how different gear do bass, which makes me suspect the blue dragon simply allows the rest of the gear to pass on the low-end without hindrance, and what most gear and songs do is boost/bloat the bass. I also don't think the blue dragon is "innately" slow, but the bass can easily overshadow the rest of the music most of the time.

Yes i've turned down the bass when i can and it helps balance it out.But the bass is tight not bloated at all!It's just more weight,impact and extension!Never thought a cable can do that.

Aug 5, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #236 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want bass
tongue.gif

How big is that?!

Sep 6, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #237 of 246
The M-Audio Studiophile Q40's served me well with bass for the past four months before the right speaker cut out. It's the equivalent of having built-in subwoofers without skimping on quality.

I replaced my Sennheiser HD650's with them, the lack of bass impact was nagging at me throughout the four years I had the Senns. I keep referring to Batman's Tumbler as the benchmark, the Q40's amazed me by containing the rumble without distortion, the HD650's would simply crumple up with distortion.

I'm currently searching for a new pair of headphones that match the Q40 performance but I haven't found any direct comparisons and for all I know, the Q40's may remain unrivalled.

Sep 7, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #239 of 246
"You just got to have bass"!?This is off topic,but.Well i have a Paradigm PS1000 powered subwoofer that shakes the foundation of my house,rattles windows,and glasses.And it's over 10 years old and in perfect condition.It's the gem of my hi-fi audio collection.250Watts RMS.Paradigm make arguably the best and most powerful home system subwoofers.And made in Canada.
wink_face.gif
Their most powerful is 3000Watts RMS and are adjustable to be as tight or as to your preference. Reference ::: Models

Users who are viewing this thread

Back