I've got a bad feeling about this: A "For Sale" trade going south
Jun 25, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #226 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsRy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you truly feel that I'm obviously Dave, feel free to contact a mod about it. When they reply back to you saying that we've both used separate IPs, I hope that it gets through your thick skull that we're different people. Your mother should have had an abortion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FYDave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is, to this point, the most absolutely ASTOUNDING gap in logic I've witnessed.

Going by your logic any two forum handles that at some point have shown that they share any of the same products are the same person. That certainly does deflate the legitimate member count of this website significantly.

Absolutely astounding. I applaud the fact that you never fail to amaze me.

Although technically he just could be using a proxy to come out with a different IP, or even a neighbors wifi. A different IP means next to nothing.

Oh, and cool personal attacks bro, A++ 10/10, two thumbs up, would rate again. </Sarcasm>

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #227 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although technically he just could be using a proxy to come out with a different IP, or even a neighbors wifi. A different IP means next to nothing.

Oh, and cool personal attacks bro, A++ 10/10, two thumbs up, would rate again. </Sarcasm>

Why would he need two IP's? Do you know if anyone has checked? Its easy to solve. ItsRy, just give us your phone number. It has to be different than Daves right? SFOS

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #228 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would he need two IP's? Do you know if anyone has checked? Its easy to solve. ItsRy, just give us your phone number. It has to be different than Daves right? SFOS

XD

Dear god I lol'd.

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #231 of 412
Or better yet, call FYDave (his number's in the thread, hint hint) and have me call you while you're on the phone with him. He can't have two phones and two different voices, right?

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #232 of 412
Notice that since I brought it up he is posting one after the other to try and get us to think its two people?

We see though the kid stuff Sonny. You ain't foolin no one.

Nite All!
smile.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #233 of 412
Quote:

Notice that since I brought it up he is posting one after the other to try and get us to think its two people?

Nite All!
smile.gif

Blue, you've posted multiple times now that you're leaving the thread/going to bed. Stop getting my hopes up.

Aside from that, do you really think that Dave could log off of his forum account, log onto mine, and post two things within a minute of each other, especially when they're about a page long? Do you think he can type 300 wpm?

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #234 of 412
Quote:

Everyone in this thread has easily put themselves into Mule's shoes. Have any of you tried to put yourselves in Dave's?

What****! Is Dave the victim? what planet are you from???
Old Blue Eyes, I missed some postings. Are you saying Dave is Voltag3???
Oh Man, that would explain everyhting!!!

Jun 25, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #235 of 412
Right this has got out of hand...

Now, Dave, if I was you, trading IEM's in well used condition, with ones that are in quite good condition from what we have heard (Why not post pics?) I would feel guilty, and naturally explain that they were not in great condition, maybe offer $20-30 on top to make up for it if I wanted a simple (oh lord!) quicker-than-sale-trade, and Mule would probably look eslewhere, i'd be annoyed that I didn't get the W3's, but i'd move on, and sell them with pictures. (noting they are in sub-par condition and that I might have shipping issues, but i'd keep you updated!) - You clearly now know that you can't trade your 530's for anything of as gooder value, and want to kee[ the 3''s.

Now, to be honest, Mule should have asked about condition, however most here have a concience, and would say even if he didn't ask that they were in sub-par condition (check the audiogon scale rating out!
evil_smiley.gif
) - especially if they knew they were getting IEM's of a higher condition level! I know i'd say something, but check my feedback, you'll see why
wink.gif

Return them, and reverse the trade. Forget about it, absorb the shipping costs, and put it down to life experience. I've been trading here since I was 14, all over the world, not UK only, and have sorted postal insurance claims etc. with ease. If I could, you could!

Whether you are posting under two names, I don't know, and I don't want to be involved, but if you are, you are just making your rep even worse, as you are by not reversing the trade... Makes you look shifty, and desperate to keep the 3's, proving you know the 530's are of a lesser value in their condition.

I'd also like to make it clear, I for one only have told you to do (what I believe) is right, and what i'd do in the situation... I don't like *******, and I originally thought you weren't posting the goods, you did, and I felt bad for being mean, but it's got worse, and if you are outed using the same IP and two aliases, it'll be even worse!

Jun 25, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #236 of 412
Quote:

Blue, you've posted multiple times now that you're leaving the thread/going to bed. Stop getting my hopes up.

Aside from that, do you really think that Dave could log off of his forum account, log onto mine, and post two things within a minute of each other, especially when they're about a page long? Do you think he can type 300 wpm?

Someone didn't learn about proxies and tabbed browsing in elementary school.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That truly would be a cool story, bro.

Jun 25, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #237 of 412
Quote:

In a way, Dave is the victim. Mule posted the thread before allowing Dave a reasonable time to react, thus sullying Dave's reputation for no reason. Multiple people have said that Mule shouldn't have posted the thread, or that he should have posted it in the feedback section. If I was doing a trade with you, and you were responding to me on a daily basis, and less than a week had passed and you hadn't shipped my headphones, then I proceeded to drag your name through the dirt on the forums while you could still reasonably satisfy the conditions of the trade, that would be one thing. Mule managed to continue it by continuing to bitch after he'd already received the headphones. The whole point of the thread was, "oh man, I might be getting scammed". That was proven untrue, and so in order to not look like a complete ******, Mule decided to degrade Dave by pointing out the fact that the headphones had some minor cosmetic issues which Dave never claimed that they were free from. If you were in Dave's position, you'd be pissed. You can claim that you wouldn't be, but then as I said, you're not putting yourself in his shoes.

Jun 25, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #238 of 412
Quote:

Nite All!
smile.gif

Did he just call me sonny? As in.. what an elderly man would refer to a younger male individual as?

Notice that since you've brought this issue of us being one person up, we haven't done anything differently than what we were doing before? Notice that we're still questioning your incredibly skewed or total lack of logic?

Really, you seem to think that you're absolutely ahead of the curve and that you're so outrageously clever in the things you say and it just makes you appear to be such a small child.

Quote:

1. Who in the world is Voltag3?

2. What exactly is the "everything" that me being Voltag3 would explain?

3. I don't believe that, at any point in time, has anyone here tried to make me appear to be the victim. I do believe, however, that the vast majority of people here have been incredibly unfair and outright absurd with their snap judgments and reactions of the situation.

Also, some of them have shown borderline insanity with their views on the situation as a whole and rather gang or cult like in their absolute refusal of any opinion that differs with their own as well as the fact that apparently your join date, according to Blue, determines how credible the things you say are. Your JOIN DATE? NOT HOW MANY POSTS YOU HAVE, NOT WHAT THE POSTS YOU'VE MADE SAY, BUT HOW LONG AN ACCOUNT HAS EXISTED? ARE YOU KIDDING?

Jun 25, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #239 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by FYDave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did he just call me sonny? As in.. what an elderly man would refer to a younger male individual as?

Notice that since you've brought this issue of us being one person up, we haven't done anything differently than what we were doing before? Notice that we're still questioning your incredibly skewed or total lack of logic?

Really, you seem to think that you're absolutely ahead of the curve and that you're so outrageously clever in the things you say and it just makes you appear to be such a small child.

1. Who in the world is Voltag3?

2. What exactly is the "everything" that me being Voltag3 would explain?

3. I don't believe that, at any point in time, has anyone here tried to make me appear to be the victim. I do believe, however, that the vast majority of people here have been incredibly unfair and outright absurd with their snap judgments and reactions of the situation.

Also, some of them have shown borderline insanity with their views on the situation as a whole and rather gang or cult like in their absolute refusal of any opinion that differs with their own as well as the fact that apparently your join date, according to Blue, determines how credible the things you say are. Your JOIN DATE? NOT HOW MANY POSTS YOU HAVE, NOT WHAT THE POSTS YOU'VE MADE SAY, BUT HOW LONG AN ACCOUNT HAS EXISTED? ARE YOU KIDDING?

Everything can be fabricated.

Anyway, I'm getting tired as well, so I'll head out for now. Hopefully this thread will be good and locked in the morning.

Jun 25, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #240 of 412
I just hope Dave stops acting like an ass and returns the 3's.

Mule was concerned. It was suspiciously like a scam, dragging out, then the earphones ended up in crappy condition, and as said above, Mule should have asked about condition, however most here have a concience, and would say even if he didn't ask that they were in sub-par condition especially if they knew they were getting IEM's of a higher condition level! Now, like most would, you wont reverse the trade and forget. You keep arguing, but your trade manor wasn't good, prompting this thread that should have been for advice. Now you just look suspicious and even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back