I've got a bad feeling about this: A "For Sale" trade going south
Jun 25, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #256 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ItsFy = FYDave

Come on now guys, surely you see this.

From his posturing and name calling I think it's much more likely that ItsRy is a close personal friend of Dave's who was called upon to defend him in this thread, rather than the same person.

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #257 of 412
Jeez...doesn't anyone sleep around here?
tongue.gif
Head-Fi is more than a forum...it's a Community...and we look out for our own. ItsRy (or whatever your username is), you would know this if you spent any time around here and contributed more than the drivel you have in the last 24 hours.

As I and many others see it....FYDave has 2 choices...1)Keep the Westone 3 and never be allowed to sell or purchase anything on this forum; 2)Return the Westone 3 to MM with an apology for not disclosing the condition of the Shures. That's it. Nothing more.

I would surmise that FYDave will keep the Westone 3 because that is the type of person he is. He feels that it's the other person's fault because they failed to ask the "right" questions. Per FYDave's own admission, he didn't ask the condition of the Westone 3. Yet here we are...FYDave has a Westone 3 in probably mint condition while TheMarchingMule has a Shure SE530 that looked like someone ran over it with their car. Had FYDave been an honest person or a person that valued Head-Fi as a community, he would have either disclosed the condition in his FT thread (because they were considerably below excellent) or returned the Westone 3 to MM (because the Shures were well below the condition of the Westone 3).

FYDave…did you feel any remorse or guilt when you opened up the Westone 3 and saw that they were in much better condition than the SE530 you committed to trade? Or did a little voice inside you say….”HA! I totally made out on this deal! SUCKA!”

I’ve said my peace. Oh, and put me down for at least a $10 donation to the cause!

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #259 of 412
This certainly smells like a scam.
Ok, the OP did not ask questions regarding its condition. But still the seller did not deliver as expected...

Oh well!
One more for the stay-clear-of list...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #260 of 412
Also I have a feeling others would agree with my Dave, even if this thread had not been created (which you claim is what destroyed your rep) and I was going to buy/sell/trade anything with you and I saw you did this in your feedback thread I would not work with you.

Jun 25, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #262 of 412
I agree. At the very least, FYDave should donate $20 to a pair of new ones...

You said the housing was splitting?

This thread was an interesting read, and kind of scares me how malicious some people here can be.

Jun 25, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #263 of 412
been following this thread. (sigh).

you know, in the grand scheme of things, this is not something to get all bent out of shape on (sorry for the choice of words).

dave is a young guy (I guess both of them are) and he just needs to realize that sometimes, saying "I was wrong and I'm sorry" is ALL it takes. sometimes.

you're young, hopefully you'll learn from this experience and you both can move on.

simplest thing: just swap each other's goods back. have a 3rd party receive both (first) and then send them back to the original owners.

then you guys walk away and the thing ends. and you BOTH get on with your lives.

these are material posessions. they don't matter in the big picture of life. if this is a 'problem', I'd hate to see what REAL problems in life will do to y'all (people have some real problems in life and this pales in comparison).

this is a deal that went bad due to lack of communication (amongst other things).

dave, please just accept the fact that you made a really bad judgement call. it happens. you are young (yes, you are) and you'll both recover and go on to live your lives.

move on. help this 'moving on' by swapping back the goods and ending it there.

and if the goods can't be swapped back, then at some point in time, just call the deal 'dead' and it seems the community is there to try to help offset (a little) of the hurt.

the important thing is to realize (dave) that its OK to make mistakes, even big ones; but that a boy who wants to grow to manhood also has to admit when he's wrong and try to make good (if possible). you will feel better, dave, once you return the goods; if not now, years later you'll realize it was the 'right thing'.

Jun 25, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #264 of 412
Quote:

if not now, years later you'll realize it was the 'right thing'.

+++

Jun 25, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #265 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread was an interesting read, and kind of scares me how malicious some people here can be.

Act like a jackass and you'll get treated like one. Simple.

Jun 25, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #266 of 412
This is so sad in many ways, but I feel there are lessons here. Too many weird and un-Head-Fi-like transactions have taken place in the FS forums lately.

Jun 25, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #267 of 412
fwiw, I had my lesson in this kind of situation. I acted poorly, I didn't see it at the time and I lost a friend over it. and yes, YEARS later I realized I made a bad judgement call and I wish I could have taken it back. this was some 15 yrs ago and I do wish I could have gone back and fixed things up, back then.

it happens. in fact, it will happen again in everyone's life (or something where you were too emotionally involved to see that you were acting badly; you were too close and could not see things for what they are/were).

the thing to do is: make something good from it. learn and evolve and try to NOT do this kind of thing again.

you sleep better when you feel that no one harbors ill will against you. just to get that 'easy rest', you really may want to take a few days off, consider the MINOR cost of shipping the goods back and just cooling off from the whole scene for a while.

you can also repair your rep. slowly and cautiously but I doubt dave is evil incarnate; he's just a young kid who needs a few life lessons. I bet he'll learn them and grow from it.

but step up, be a man and admit you made a poor judgement call. you WILL feel better off; again, if not now, years from now.

Jun 25, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #268 of 412
Dave won't swap back I don't think. If he had a concience he would have told mule the condition. He didnt in his listing (breaking rule no?) so would have screwed anyone over I think.

This thread is not dead until FYdave/itsry do the right thing! I dont think it is right to buy new w3's for mule on the basis that that way, doucebag-dave ends up doing well/winning, though he could never trade here again, not a big price to pay, he didnt care about the community anyway in the first place obviously.

Gatto has it right too.

Linux, being you is no excuse! I've been tradiong here and on ebay since 14 and on ebay since 13. i have flawless feedback on both.

If itsry is you or a mate, you are a looser, or a total scumbag.

Would donate, but I can't until I get my summer job, we'll see how long the collection goes on for. Just don't think it's the right way to go
confused.gif

Sorry for bad grammar, spelling and structure... Typed on blackberry :p

Matt

Jun 25, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #270 of 412
don't attribute to malice what can be explained by inexperience and youth.

he may be a rotton apple, its very possible. but I do make allowances for when someone is young and has still a few life lessons ahead of him.

if he defaults and keeps the phones, he does deserve to get shunned here. totally.

I was just trying to reason with him one more time, to give him a way to make mule whole again. its just NOT worth harboring years worth of hate over!

the only excuse I make is that young people often think of themselves and are self centered. its NORMAL. what is not normal is to keep on being a PITA when so many people are telling you 'you are wrong'.

dave was wrong.

and the first step is to admit it (its NOT a crime to make mistakes). what is a crime is to laugh in the other person's face. THAT I don't like much.

one more time: dave please consider just returning them. this petty amount isn't worth the karma knocks you're getting. it isn't.

and baines, grow up yourself, ok? I'm not defending dave but I'm trying to help get this resolved (de-escalated and not the other way around). I'm not sure what the comment about me was about, but it was uncalled for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back