I've destroyed some poor sod's life...
Mar 26, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom10167 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
Good story. Could have saved him a lot of money and just said "UE-10, Red Wine Audio, Ray Samuels Audio, AudioLineOut

do you have a newsletter i can subscribe to?

Mar 26, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #32 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmf22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel bad for this wife/girlfriend. Now he's going to spend more money on amps and headphones and little on her.

the way it should be.

about time he gets his prioirities straight.

Mar 26, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #34 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Odd, I'm glad the ER4P/S I have is an IEM; an excuse for people to leave me alone faster, because these days everybody sees that I'm a teen and when I say it's an amp, they automatically say loudly that it's to destroy my hearing faster, laugh, then walk away. Ticks me off so much...

If those are adults doing that, you are way overdue to thoroughly explain to them that amp does alot more than just make things louder, and on top of that add 'overgrown uneducated prics' (if you do not know the details of why am is beneficial - that can easily be learned through the wonder known as impedance that varies with frequency xD). I personally get ticked off by a large number of people twice my age being ignorant about not everyone being same stereotypical way.

Mar 26, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #36 of 43
I'd share my IEM's in the name of showing someone how good music can sound, I'm fully willing to bite that bullet. Even if I were using foamies, and there was an average joe who showed interest in what I was listening to, I'd probably let them. It's like vampire biting someone. Hahaaaa, now you're ONE of us! hsssss, hsssss!

Mar 26, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #38 of 43
I own a pair of UE SF5Pros, and I bought an extra pair of FX33s for working out at the gym. I lent these to a couple of friends (after cleaning with anti-septic of course) and quickly converted them from their low end "street style" phones. I have yet to let them try the UE SF5Pros. I'm afraid that once I do, they're going to hate me since I be infecting them with upgraditus, and their wallets are going to hurt.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 11:40 AM Post #39 of 43
Ahhhh - you folks forget... I was on my way to the meet!!

I had PLENTY of spare tips.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

[size=xx-small]
Otherwise, yeah...I probably would have said "no".[/size]

Mar 27, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #40 of 43
i carry a pair of extra tips in my IEM case, just to allow people to have a listen.
some people are really idiots though, you offer them, and they say"those are the kind that goes deep into your ears? no thanks, i dont want to damage my hearing..."

now THATS idiotic(although i can find other more colourful words to describe them
icon10.gif
)

dont they realise, we people are the kind that takes more care of our ears because we are afraid of losing our greatest source of sensory enjoyment?

Mar 27, 2007 at 12:59 PM Post #41 of 43
Nah... It doesn't really happen. The more likely response would be something to the effect that the ER4 (or almost any other IEM for the matter) looks ugly and that they rather stick to their iBuds.

Besides, the ER4 has no bass.
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 1:48 PM Post #42 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhobbit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dont they realise, we people are the kind that takes more care of our ears because we are afraid of losing our greatest source of sensory enjoyment?

Not really. I see (and hear clearly) many more idiots/lunatics like us blasting their canalphones away while on the train
etysmile.gif

Hmm, do you guys think it's easier to offer someone rubber tips instead of foamies? Seems like wearing foamies is an acquired skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back