I've decided to take the plunge on the VSONIC GR07. What are others' experiences with these IEMs?
Jun 26, 2012 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Conrthomas

100+ Head-Fier
I have owned two pairs of these IEMs over the past four years. The most recent pair only lasted around a year and a half. I was generally happy with their sound, it was pretty bassy and the soundstage was reasonable for the price point. However, having bought the Audio-Technica ATH-A700s and ATH-M50s for by desktop listening, I decided it was time to upgrade my portable setup. I took the plunge on some VSONIC GR07s from this ebay seller, as it was much cheaper than amazon. I've heard almost nothing but good things about them, the key point being that they really warm up with a few hundred hours of burn in.

Do any of you guys have the GR07s? What are your thoughts on the newest version of them?
I've heard mixed  responses on how comfortable they are, so what are your thoughts?
Do you think they'll need my Fiio e7 to bring them up to their full potential?

I listen to mainly electronic music, i.e. [electro/progressive] house, trance, dubstep, and other more obscure sub-genres.

Thanks you guys,
Conrthomas

Jun 26, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 6
I got my pair yesterday and they are (as you probably have read in 100s of posts) incredibly nice right out of the box. I have read posts saying that these require a good amount of burn-in, but I was quite satisfied with the sound right off the bat. That being said, they do seem to sound a bit better now than they were at first (after about 5hrs of usage).

As for the comfort, the only problem I have with GR07s is that they are designed to be worn over the ear as I am not a big fan of over the ear IEMs. (I have read that some wear GR07s straight down but I cannot see how that can be comfortable WITHOUT inverting the left-right channels.) I played around with different tips (they gave me 18 pairs of stock tips) and the swiveling nozzle for a while until I got a configuration that was snug and comfortable. I guess I will just have to get used to wearing them over the ear.

Jun 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
I got my pair yesterday and they are (as you probably have read in 100s of posts) incredibly nice right out of the box. I have read posts saying that these require a good amount of burn-in, but I was quite satisfied with the sound right off the bat. That being said, they do seem to sound a bit better now than they were at first (after about 5hrs of usage).

As for the comfort, the only problem I have with GR07s is that they are designed to be worn over the ear as I am not a big fan of over the ear IEMs. (I have read that some wear GR07s straight down but I cannot see how that can be comfortable WITHOUT inverting the left-right channels.) I played around with different tips (they gave me 18 pairs of stock tips) and the swiveling nozzle for a while until I got a configuration that was snug and comfortable. I guess I will just have to get used to wearing them over the ear.

Yeah, I'm hoping I can get used to it as well. I only ever had one pair of over-the-ear IEMs, and I think they were some old Altec-Lansings or something.

Jun 26, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #4 of 6
I absolutely adore mine, and as I was telling someone else recently, they're my favorite headphone to date, regardless of size and/or form-factor. My Magnum v4s and HE-400s just sat and gathered dust.

Also, crazy-comfy (to me) for an IEM. I did switch to Sony Hybrids, but even the stock tip that's on it right out of the box was perfectly comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back