I've been out of the game... Help. Please.
Nov 11, 2018 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

akki007

100+ Head-Fier
The last IEMs I bought were the brainwavz M3. I've been using them for years and years because, well, I like how they sound with foam tips. But, I thought I'd start looking because surely the tech has improved!

Basically, a search for new IEMs has just utterly confused me. So, my question is, what would be a good upgrade from the M3 for say £100 to £150?

I like the M3 signature so along those lines but, erm, 'better' ... Thanks in advance you lovely people.

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 7
Nov 11, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 7
I haven't bought a pair of iems since the jhaudio jh16 and then I bought the jhaudio jh3a. I've have these since years. I wonder where they would have ranked on that list

Nov 12, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #4 of 7
A logical upgrade choice from the M3 is the Brainwavz B400. Its fit is wonderful and the sound is very, very clear.

However, if you feel that jumping into all-balanced-armature territory is too scary for you, check out the BGVP DMG, which is heralded by many here and has three filter settings to further tune the sound to your preferences.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #5 of 7
A logical upgrade choice from the M3 is the Brainwavz B400. Its fit is wonderful and the sound is very, very clear.

However, if you feel that jumping into all-balanced-armature territory is too scary for you, check out the BGVP DMG, which is heralded by many here and has three filter settings to further tune the sound to your preferences.

Brilliant. This is what I was hoping for! I might give the BGVP a try then. Unless anyone else can top them for the same price? Speak now or forever hold your peace!

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #6 of 7
Mods, just realised I've posted in the wrong section. Which considering I've been a member for nearly 14 years is spectacularly embarrassing! Please move as appropriate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back