iTunes 11
Dec 3, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #46 of 124
Thank you! Just did it, great, I really appreciate your help. And just did an album, all worked perfectly, thank you so much for taking the time to help me !

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #47 of 124
beerchug.gif

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #48 of 124
Quote:
Thank you! Just did it, great, I really appreciate your help. And just did an album, all worked perfectly, thank you so much for taking the time to help me !

My apologies for not being able to give you proper directions at first. However, I'm glad to learn all worked well either way. 
smile.gif

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #49 of 124
Quote:
The sound should not be any different unless iTunes is either applying a DSP or not sending bit perfect, though I am pretty sure that it automatically sends bit perfect by default on Windows. Unless there is a DSP going on, which I doubt, then any perceived audible differences are just placebo.

Thanks for injecting your opinion.

Forget any change in sound, I don't like it aesthetically. Although, the mini player has some nice functionality. Hopefully
I'll get use to the looks over time.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #50 of 124
My apologies for not being able to give you proper directions at first. However, I'm glad to learn all worked well either way. :smile:

No worries mate, I was amazed to find the answer so quickly!

Dec 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #53 of 124
Hey guys,

Can someone help me?

Using iTunes 10 I noticed a bug, that really was a dealbreaker. I used the grid view with artists so there were this squares with artists, doubled-clicked them and it showed all the albums by them.
I love to sort albums by year, so I clicked "Album by artist/Year" on the column (once inside an artist), everything is good until you play a song. Leave the artist page and when you enter any other one it sorts it back to alphabetical order. Dissapointing.

Now that I upgraded I hate the new Artists view. So I use Albums, which is the same layout except you see albums. So I'm trying to figure out how to set them by year once you open the album's "folder" (that's the layout for an opened folder in iOS), because there's no column.

Any help?

Some examples:

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #54 of 124
Do you mean sort the albums of the same artist by year while using Albums mode?

In Albums mode > View > View Options > small box with two things shows up and then Sort by: Artist, then: Year.  Keeps me in alphabetical order by artist and then by year.

Maybe that's not what you meant...

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #55 of 124

In Albums mode > View > View Options > small box with two things shows up and then Sort by: Artist, then: Year.  Keeps me in alphabetical order by artist and then by year.

Yes! That's exactly what I meant! I forgot you could also do it from view.

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #56 of 124

Best thing is, they got rid of the bug.

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #59 of 124
I've always used Albums mode and never bothered to sort by year, but by the default title.  Just because honestly I never cared enough to sort things by year.  So this was a discovery for me, and now I can sort things by year also.  As it should be by default in my opinion!  It did bug me a bit, but like I said, didn't care enough.

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #60 of 124
I've always used Albums mode and never bothered to sort by year, but by the default title.  Just because honestly I never cared enough to sort things by year.  So this was a discovery for me, and now I can sort things by year also.  As it should be by default in my opinion!  It did bug me a bit, but like I said, didn't care enough.

That's why you never experienced it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back