iTunes 11
Nov 30, 2012 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 124

Zynec

New Head-Fier
Sounds different.  I think?  I've only listened to 3 songs so far since updating but it seems noticeable to me.  Anyone else?

This is with my Win7 Vaio output via USB to VDAC to CK2III and HD650's.

Nov 30, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #2 of 124
I just came here looking for threads on iTunes 11 because I've been listening to it and I think it sounds better than iTunes 10. I could be imagining things and I'm sure someone will go off about that but I'd swear it has a clearer sweeter sound. It sounds quite good.

Dec 1, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 124
Yes, it seems a bit more detailed, a bit more spacial, but sometimes feels like its been processed. Maybe the experts will chime in once people start upgrading...

Dec 1, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #7 of 124
This is what I read when I did a search : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4554632?tstart=0

But great to know it is generally running fine on PC. Will update over the weekend.

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #8 of 124
Installed. Initial thoughts :

• Looks cleaner than before and seems to load faster.
  • Like the new Album, Artists and Genre views. Will need to use it more to see if there are usability issues - on my 22.5" full HD screen, I can only see 4 albums per screen which is not good since I have a large library.
  • For the Songs / Column Browser view, I definitely prefer the old version when I could set the Column Browser to the left instead of at the top. There's a huge waste of space and again, since I have a large library, it means alot of scrolling. Old set up was Column Browser on the left with artwork always displayed in small size. Worked well for me.

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #10 of 124
I really like foobar for sound quality but yeah a bit less usable :)

I think the default icon size is too big on iTunes 11 but presumably that can be changed somewhere again in this new version. Can't tell if its faster yet, I think for my local library it does seem so but when I go to the store it often freezes the interface while loading up the main page.

As long as it doesn't break my smart playlists when I sync my iPod!

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #11 of 124
I really like foobar for sound quality but yeah a bit less usable :)
I think the default icon size is too big on iTunes 11 but presumably that can be changed somewhere again in this new version. Can't tell if its faster yet, I think for my local library it does seem so but when I go to the store it often freezes the interface while loading up the main page.
As long as it doesn't break my smart playlists when I sync my iPod!

But still, either foobar or itunes, both of them have the same problem. When they're loading 25k of songs into the playlist, God knows how is it to load all of them. into one playlist. The fastest playlist manager even for big numbers only achieved by winamp, but winamp sounds pretty awful (not literally awful, but I don't like how it sounds).

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #12 of 124
I miss the scroll button to change the size of the album art in Albums so I can see more.

I kinda miss double clicking an album and it opening up so I can see everything, which I still can (single click now), but it's different.  Gotta get used to that.

I also had a weird bug that was highlighting the previous button on the Miniplayer so it wasn't working right.  Had to do some work to get that sorted, but did.  Sys pref > Keyboard > Full Keyboard Access > Text boxes and lists only, not All controls.

I was listening just simply out of the iMac speakers and said to my buddy something sounds different...

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #14 of 124
I am interested in hearing any of your experiences... I JUST installed it on my main OSX system, and I think there is a sonic difference... Interesting.

BTW- all of my files are Redbook AIFF, Asus S520/A rips. Save for the 24/96; 24/44.1 (Beatles USB) stuff that is bottlenecked by my DAC. 

NK

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #15 of 124
Anyone try it with W8?
Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

i have windows 8 64 bit and it works with my music fine
although ive noticed that all around the borders, a good 5-10 ish pixels are cut off, which is slightly annoying as the close button, scroll bar, and bottom of the playlist is cut off a bit
tried looking it up on google but nothing so far...

heres a cropped screenshot of what i mean

edit: the borders are not cropped, but thats what the top right corner looks on my itunes 11
sorry for the messy paint job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back