It's that time again.(Trying to find headphones)
Jul 4, 2012 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

steven-026

New Head-Fier
So I'm looking to get some headphones.  IEM's will suffice as well if they sound a lot better.  Currently, I'm looking at the Monoprice 8323 and Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and have read a comparison, but one review isn't really enough.  I like bass, and my typical genres for music are underground hip-hop and older hip-hop, and the occasional indie rock or R&B maybe.  If there are any other contenders or suggestions, let me know.  The stated headphones are about $30, but I will be willing to pay a little more, as long as it's under exactly $53.74 due to the amount of money I have on Amazon.  But if the headphones are around the price range on a different website that allows Paypal for payment, don't be afraid to suggest them to me.
Here is a simple rundown for those who don't want to read this all.​
  1. I listen to mostly underground and older hip-hop.
  2. I like having good bass.  Bass that has good clarity, and isn't completely in-your-face yet still being out there will be perfectly fine for me to though.
  3. Prefer headphones right now, but will consider IEM's anyway if they are better for the money.  Edit:Not really feeling IEM's as much actually.
  1. Need to be available on Amazon, or a site that has Paypal.
  2. Price limit is around $50, but willing to go a litttle higher.

Thanks for the help!​

Jul 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 9
Jul 7, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #5 of 9
I'm thinking about getting the Monoprices now.  But would it be better to pay the extra for the Kicker branded ones?  I feel like Kicker would have better customer service due to being the originals, but I'm not sure.

Jul 7, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #6 of 9
No, it's most definitely not worth it. Why do you need customer service? Monoprice is great with giving you new copies if something breaks -- beyond that, what do you need? They sound identical, buying the "Kicker" branded ones is a waste of money.

Quote:
I'm thinking about getting the Monoprices now.  But would it be better to pay the extra for the Kicker branded ones?  I feel like Kicker would have better customer service due to being the originals, but I'm not sure.

Jul 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #7 of 9
I read about one guy having problems with Monoprice, but maybe there was more to the story?  Nvm then

Now I'm stuck again. :p

The Monoprice 8323, Samson SR850, Superlux HD668B, Audio-Technica M30, and Koss DJ100s are all affordable for me on Amazon.  I also realized that although I do like bass, I don't need my headphones to be completely bass-head sounding.  I think I will be fine with bass that has good clarity, and is not completely in-your-face yet still slightly out there.

Will the SR850, HD668B, M30, and DJ100 be good for my taste in music?  I did hear that the DJ100s need an amp to sound good, is this true?  If it is, then I might not get them, considering my budget.

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
I read about one guy having problems with Monoprice, but maybe there was more to the story?  Nvm then

Now I'm stuck again. :p

The Panasonic RP-HTF600, Incipio F38, Monoprice 8323, Samson SR850, Superlux HD668B, Audio-Technica M30, and Koss DJ100s are all affordable for me on Amazon.  I also realized that although I do like bass, I don't need my headphones to be completely bass-head sounding.  I think I will be fine with bass that has good clarity, and is not completely in-your-face yet still slightly out there.

Will the F38, SR850, HD668B, M30, and DJ100 be good for my taste in music?  I did hear that the DJ100s need an amp to sound good, is this true?  If it is, then I might not get them, considering my budget.
Edit:Some people are saying the 668b and SR850 need an amp too?

Bump, and I found another headphone, the Incipio F38, and added the HTF600.

Edit again:I think I have narrowed it down to two headphones, the Monoprice 8323 and Incipio F38, with the Velour DT250 pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back