It's official... iPad!!
Feb 2, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #361 of 379
Much of the controversy stems from the unrealized expectation of something revolutionary from Apple (i.e. The next generation lap-top). It may still be a fine product, only time will tell.

Feb 2, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #362 of 379
Seems funny that the iPad won't have flash player yet iTunes requires flash player in FaceBook. Maybe that's going to change. Can't you add Flash to it after you get it.

Feb 2, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #363 of 379
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoNB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems funny that the iPad won't have flash player yet iTunes requires flash player in FaceBook. Maybe that's going to change. Can't you add Flash to it after you get it.

You cannot add flash to it after purchasing because there isn't a mobile flash plugin available for mac's to download. The only way this will get flash is if apple decides it add it in their next software update OS 4.0.

Feb 3, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #364 of 379
Flash won't come in OS 4.0. As was worded elsewhere, HTML 5, the standard, is the real push behind companies who support non-proprietary internet. Apple are one. Right now, it means that no iDevice can play flash games or watch ****, but in the future, those items will be available via HTML unless Microsoft convinces the internet to use Silverlight or some other proprietary code.

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #365 of 379
I read an interesting article claiming that Steve hates Flash for being unstable and causing a lot of system crashes. Supposedly, that's why he won't allow it on the mobile devices.

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #366 of 379
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read an interesting article claiming that Steve hates Flash for being unstable and causing a lot of system crashes. Supposedly, that's why he won't allow it on the mobile devices.

Looks like he was talking about iTunes on Windows.
wink.gif

Feb 3, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #367 of 379
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like he was talking about iTunes on Windows.
wink.gif

Have you ever wondered why Macs can read Windows files, yet Windows can't read Mac files?

Feb 3, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #368 of 379
Eric: Yes, Jobs did mention that, but I think there is hidden more than that. Flash is a CPU hog, but more than that, Apple in the internet space are the biggest proponent of advancing standards. They and Mozzilla play leap frog for the most standards-supportive platforms. The iDevice is perhaps the most standars-compliant device in that it has nearly no support for proprietary codecs under its Safari bonnet.

Frustrating sometimes, but other than video (flash games aren't as good on mobile phones), I cannot think of very good reason to have flash on a mobile phone. The iPad which is larger makes the lack that much more acute, but it may still remain unfelt unless **** and flash games are your thing.

Feb 3, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #370 of 379
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No wonder!
Since Adobe still have not taken on the Cocoa API, but continue to rely on the old Carbon API. From what I understand this is one of the major reasons why Flash is not the most stable application out there.

Hopefully HTML5 and its <audio> and <video> elements can take over most of the Flash tasks.

Feb 3, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #372 of 379
Anyone hear a rumor as to a possible release date?

Also, if you have tethered your phone to work with your MBP, please pm me instructions.

Thanks.

Feb 3, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #373 of 379
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoNB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone hear a rumor as to a possible release date?

Also, if you have tethered your phone to work with your MBP, please pm me instructions.

Thanks.

Wifi version- 60 days after conference

3G version- 90 days after conference

Feb 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #374 of 379
That's what Jobs said but can it be confirmed?

Feb 3, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #375 of 379
Hmmkay. So how is this iBad doing?
biggrin.gif
(had to say it
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back