It's official... iPad!!
Jan 29, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #212 of 379
To ALL people who have posted negative comments on the iPad:

Apple has won already. It just shows how successful its marketing and reach is. You don't post "Fail/waste of money/not for me", in the thousands of other products on this forum or others, but you just had to on this thread.

The iPad has already won the game by being the most known tablet in the world.

Jan 29, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #214 of 379
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for sucking.

You know the saying all press is good press. It doesn't really matter what the apple haters/fanboy's here think about the ipad, they are still talking about it. Apple is getting free advertisement from everyone talking, and don't kid yourself whether you like it or not these things are going to sell like crazy for a while.

Jan 29, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #215 of 379
Quote:

Originally Posted by eron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To ALL people who have posted negative comments on the iPad:

Apple has won already. It just shows how successful its marketing and reach is. You don't post "Fail/waste of money/not for me", in the thousands of other products on this forum or others, but you just had to on this thread.

The iPad has already won the game by being the most known tablet in the world.

I don't see anyone disputing Apple's marketing prowess. That's what turned the iPod into a market leader, and what turns each successive Apple announcement into a spectacle. The iPad as a device, however, is much less dazzling than the hype would have indicated. Some of us are able to recognize a pervasive marketing push without being hypnotized by its rhetoric.

Jan 29, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #216 of 379
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not interested,
for me, this is waste money product

Bout the price of some "audiophile" cables, with far more functionality
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #217 of 379
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek800 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know the saying all press is good press. It doesn't really matter what the apple haters/fanboy's here think about the ipad, they are still talking about it. Apple is getting free advertisement from everyone talking, and don't kid yourself whether you like it or not these things are going to sell like crazy for a while.

Never heard of that saying. Sure they've gotten a lot of press (just like any other product that they've released). But what does that make of them? As for selling like hot cakes, time will tell. I'm sure there's a selected group of people that may be interested in the iPad (some of which are probably just ignorant). But for the tech junkies, the iPad is pretty much crap.

Not saying that the iPad is a bad product. I would buy one myself, just not for that price.

Jan 29, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #218 of 379
Im not saying i like the iPad, cause i dont really, unless it had OSX, then id get one in an instant, but apple doesnt really care what the techies think, all they care about selling the darn things, and that they will do aplenty.

wow that was one wicked run on sentence.

Jan 29, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #220 of 379
Quote:

Never heard of that saying. Sure they've gotten a lot of press (just like any other product that they've released). But what does that make of them? As for selling like hot cakes, time will tell. I'm sure there's a selected group of people that may be interested in the iPad (some of which are probably just ignorant). But for the tech junkies, the iPad is pretty much crap.

Not saying that the iPad is a bad product. I would buy one myself, just not for that price.

Find it interesting this repeated mantra of "its not going to sell, but if it does, it'll be to dimwits and fanboys". So essentially if it sells like hotcakes then everyone who buys one... you know, your mom and pa and aunt and uncle. your girlfriend and next door neighbor... they're all morons, but not you. no not you. Jeezow. The stupid thing hasn't even come out yet.

Jan 29, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #222 of 379
Quote:

Originally Posted by adrift /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Find it interesting this repeated mantra of "its not going to sell, but if it does, it'll be to dimwits and fanboys". So essentially if it sells like hotcakes then everyone who buys one... you know, your mom and pa and aunt and uncle. your girlfriend and next door neighbor... they're all morons, but not you. no not you. Jeezow. The stupid thing hasn't even come out yet.

The thing with the iPad is that it turned out to be a big misconception. People were expecting a tablet like computer. But it turned out to be a fancy looking kindle. So for the techies, the iPad is a great disappointment. It's got no real wow factor.

For the kindle user looking for something fancier, you are in luck. And for the price of $499, I guess you could say that's a reasonable price for a ebook reader with extra features.

To take things in perspective, yes they would be morons, if they think they'd be getting something like a tablet computer. But, if they are buying it mainly for reading ebooks, web surfing, and emailing, then no.

Jan 29, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #223 of 379
Quote:

To take things in perspective, yes they would be morons, if they think they'd be getting something like a tablet computer. But, if they are buying it mainly for reading ebooks, web surfing, and emailing, then no.

You made a perfect point here, don't buy this if you are looking for a tablet computer, it's just not for you. However if you already have a desktop and a laptop like me but wouldn't mind having an e-reader and just something small to go online with, and don't need it to do more, then it might be worth looking into

Jan 29, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #224 of 379
i would get a HP slate when it is out , instead of ipad.

The Slate would be more complete as a tablet , imo.

Jan 29, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #225 of 379
Quote:

Originally Posted by xcluded /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would get a HP slate when it is out , instead of ipad.

The Slate would be more complete as a tablet , imo.

these are pretty complete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back