It's like I went to sleep blind and woke up to see my very first sunrise...
Dec 25, 2007 at 5:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

308med

100+ Head-Fier
...that's how I feel right now listening to my 06 MicroDac-->Gilmore Lite-->HD650. Up until this point, I was satisfied with my setup because I had something which I thought people on this website, knowledgeable audiophiles, had said at one time or another was good equipment (and sounded good to boot). I basically got onto this website because I wanted "the best" and most prestigious of everything regardless of what sounded good enough for my ears (I wanted to "upgrade" from my shure e4c to whatever trendy bose can was for sale). But now...I don't know. It feels like the first time I've really ever listened to my music and can hear every single string, drum, or vocal chord resonate. I find myself unwilling to skip old songs or artists that I wouldn't normally listen to just because they all sound just so good and musical. I'm sure that this is probably what many of you guys already feel and has been what I've searched for through, what seems apparent, misguided buying and selling of equipment without ever enjoying what I had.

Anyway, I'm done gushing over my very mid-fi system and I guess I just wanted to thank the community for turning me to my favorite activity of leisure and relaxation. So yeah, thanks, and so far, I'm happy about what has happened to my wallet.

Dec 25, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 4
Did you see his face? Was he wearing a beard? We don't get conversion experience testimony too often in these parts. Congrats.

Dec 25, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #3 of 4
That's not a mid-fi setup. HD-650 is a great can and the Gilmore Lite is pure class A bliss.

Glad you like them, I think highly of your setup. And a little advice: if the upgraditis bug starts nibbling, try buying some new music. If you love your setup, then focus on the music. That's where the payoff really is.

Dec 25, 2007 at 9:36 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's not a mid-fi setup. HD-650 is a great can and the Gilmore Lite is pure class A bliss.

Glad you like them, I think highly of your setup. And a little advice: if the upgraditis bug starts nibbling, try buying some new music. If you love your setup, then focus on the music. That's where the payoff really is.

X2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back