It's American Idol time !
Jan 18, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #16 of 30
They really ragged on the last guy (singing tearin' up my heart)... it's one thing to criticize his voice/dance/attitude, but making fun of his inherent physical attributes was...

That said, he and his friend really need to get back into reality, they layed it thick but could no way deliver.

Jan 18, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They really ragged on the last guy (singing tearin' up my heart)... it's one thing to criticize his voice/dance/attitude, but making fun of his inherent physical attributes was...

That said, he and his friend really need to get back into reality, they layed it thick but could no way deliver.

Ugliest. Couple. EVAR. Oh, and OMG What t3h G1raff3!!!!!

Jan 25, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #18 of 30
watching it right now, damn these people are pathetic (meaning their attitudes/excuses/delusions of grandeur). It's good to have dreams, but at least try to be somewhat realistic.

edit: the girl in the cowboy hat is cracked out beyond recognition

Jan 25, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
was it just me or did jewel seem like she was really pissed/wasted...Oh and the part about the vocal teacher was awsome lol I expected that from simon....

wait...what?! Is she on the critic panel now too? I don't watch the show but I'll tune in if she's critiquing!
redface.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #22 of 30
I can't imagine going into an audition and being treated as unprofessionally as that. Sometimes even in a bad audition, you can hear a voice in there hiding, and a real vocalist would hear it too. I'm in no way saying that's enough to book a part, I'm just saying that you can be honest without being unprofessional.

But then that wouldn't make good tv. The Finnish version's Simon character is a racist (that's not just me saying that. Pretty much everyone I know thinks it too, just in case you think I'm being harsh). He tried the old Finnish trick of turning a foreigner down based on language - nevermind that 90% of applicants sing in freaking English, so what does it possibly matter? One of the judges herself, the Paula Abdul character, can often be found singing in bad Finnglish, so the critique just doesn't float. Then apparently, (I didn't see this episode) they had to take him at the next city's auditions because it was so bad they couldn't fill the quota.

It's just a crap show, where they treat people crappily and make crappy music. And people watch it because we're mean.

edit - to add fuel, and ratings to the fire, the judges answered some of their critics tonight by specifically making fun of the foreign dude only on the grounds of being foreign, and having a good laugh about it. Obvious ploy to get people to see what they'll do next, but sadly they weren't as interesting as our Little Britain dvd set. "Ehhh eh ehhhhh"

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #26 of 30
Eh.. Not into it. Like they say, "It's a show for geaks and people with a lot of ego".

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #27 of 30
Who has ever said that?
blink.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit: the girl in the cowboy hat is cracked out beyond recognition

do you mean that last girl who attempted to sing lady marmalade?

Feb 23, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #29 of 30
I'm very sorry to thread crap on you guys. This just struck a nerve. I hate this ******* show and am flabbergahsted that its still so well liked and still on the flippin' air. Who likes these poorly warmed over pop songs?! I can sort of understand liking the out takes, but now there so tongue in cheek that's not even entertaining any more. The vast majority of the poor singers are just up to shenanigans its not uncomfortable in that BBC office/larry david awkwardness kind of way, it's just lame. LAME, [size=small]LAME[/size], [size=medium]LAME[/size]

[size=xx-large]LAME![/size]

Feb 24, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very sorry to thread crap on you guys. This just struck a nerve. I hate this ******* show and am flabbergahsted that its still so well liked and still on the flippin' air. Who likes these poorly warmed over pop songs?! I can sort of understand liking the out takes, but now there so tongue in cheek that's not even entertaining any more. The vast majority of the poor singers are just up to shenanigans its not uncomfortable in that BBC office/larry david awkwardness kind of way, it's just lame. LAME, [size=small]LAME[/size], [size=medium]LAME[/size]

[size=xx-large]LAME![/size]

The best bits are the first auditions, now its just karaoke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back