It's alll about the bass (guitar) - favorite bass guitar tracks
Oct 2, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #32 of 45

wow, that's an insane bass playing in second song, incredibly talented bassist. thanks for sharing
Quote:

Thank god someone mentioned that. What about Primus? I can't really think of a more talented bassist than Les Claypool.

Jerry Was A Race Car Driver
/lib/ckeditor/images/spacer.gif?t=A8LE4JO

Wynona's Big Brown Beaver
/lib/ckeditor/images/spacer.gif?t=A8LE4JO

Oct 2, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #33 of 45
My favorite bassists
Matt Freeman-Rancid-Maxwell Murder
Les Claypool-not much of a Primus fan but love Les
Steve Harris-Iron Maiden-
Cliff Burton-Metallica-Anesthesia
John Myun-Dreamtheatre

Oct 3, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #34 of 45
Nirvana- Love Buzz
Nirvana- Breed
The Knack- My Sharona
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Aeroplane
Rhapsody of Fire- Trolls In The Dark
Creedence Clearwater Revival- Up Around The Bend

Oct 3, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #35 of 45
Paul Simonon of the Clash has had some standout tracks for my taste: London Calling , Radio Clash, and Magnificent 7. Simonon is more funk and reggae influenced than rockist, that's the way my tastes run. Another steller post punk bass player Jah Wobble most famously playing with P.I.L..  [size=small]Tina Weymouth from the talking heads is pretty darn sweet, and often over looked, I loves [/size][size=small]this [/size][size=small]track. [/size][size=small]Some other rock favorite bass tracks:  ZZ-top, Steely Dan, Bowie, and Babe Ruth[/size]

Not rock, Eddie Gomez (playing here with Steve Gadd) and Stanley Clarke both are amazing.

Oct 4, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #40 of 45
Funny, I was just listening to Jack Bruce's "Songs for a Tailor" about an hour ago and marveling at how good he is.  None of that stuff ages badly.

- Ed

Oct 5, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #41 of 45
The Pot - Tool
The Trees - Rush
Roundabout - Yes
Juicebox - The Strokes
Aeroplane - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Eminence Front - The Who (the bass on this song is just out of this world)
Everything Went Numb - Streetlight Manifesto (pretty much any song by them has amazing basslines, i seriously recommend giving them a listen)
I Will Survive - Cake (honestly i think that their cover of this song is better than the original, mostly because of John Mcrea's vocals and the excellent bassline)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=596qaxm-u4o
Santeria - Sublime

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #44 of 45
today i heard "The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me" after some time and yup, it qualifies for this thread
smile.gif

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #45 of 45
One Way Out & Trouble No More - Allman Brothers "Eat a Peach".  Berry knew how to balance out two ferocious guitar players, two drummers, a vocalist and keys.  He really did a good job holding down the bottom-end and yet let it rip when need be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back