It's Alive! Pico vs. Predator vs. Diablo vs. Xin Reference! South Florida Throw-down!
Oct 27, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #31 of 242
Ooh! Pico is absolutely beautiful!

Oct 27, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #32 of 242
wow Pico looks amazing!

Oct 27, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #33 of 242
Can't wait to hear impressions.

Oct 27, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #35 of 242
Thanks to Mike for organizing another great meet, dinners, concert, bar-hopping and hosting an inordinately large group of large men at his home. Even JP#s pitched in by collecting cash for the room and getting us some pizza to fuel the listening. Good times.

So, the impressions and more pics will start flowing as soon as we get a few more drinks in us this evening. For now, I will say that some of my meet favorites were the Pico and the Predator, Gene's Accuphase CDP and amp with the K1000s, thrice's balanced B22 -- especially with the HP-2s that he re-wired for JP at the meet with an Equinox cable with 4-pin connector, new-guy MFueger's Headroom Cosmic with Headphile C-Padded 325s, and of course the SB3/Cosecant/Woo 5 -- especially with the KenRad 6SN7s. I'll think of more things that were good, but the ones that weren't good for me were the TakeT2 and the Diablo (good but no world shaker).

For all those waiting to hear how the main throw-downs of the meet went, it is going to cause me grief to say this but in head-to-heads between Pico and Predator, and between Reference and Diablo . . . to be continued.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 27, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #36 of 242
Only had four pics in my camera. Great meet, gear gear, but impressions will have to wait as we are all headed out to dinner and then a night on the town.

I think this is Melinda's fourth head-fi meet, and the HE90s are her cans of choice.

DSCN1022.jpg

What's the point in knowing DIYers if you can't put them to work.

DSCN1021.jpg

Santa's sleigh

DSCN1028.jpg

Yes, it was fun

DSCN1027.jpg

Oct 27, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #37 of 242
Ah yea, Wavelength Audio represent.

Oct 28, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #38 of 242
Vicki, There is a pic with Aaron sitting listening to R10's while holding your Diablo. What is the Black unit in front of him with the wooden side panels?

Also did Wayne take you for a spin in the Atom? That looks like a grin machine for sure!

Oct 28, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #41 of 242
I just had supper. Thai. Bet that it was better than your supper.

Oct 28, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #43 of 242
Would've loved a ride, but had to get back to the Beaches of Boynton.

That is a sweet ride, indeed. Loved all the carbon fiber. Mmmmm, carbon fiber. Right up there with titanum.

Oct 28, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #45 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vicki, There is a pic with Aaron sitting listening to R10's while holding your Diablo. What is the Black unit in front of him with the wooden side panels?

Steve, I'm almost positive that the player there is Vicki's Lector CD player. More info in her profile.

And I can say with a good deal of certainty that I don't think we'll be getting much out of the FLA crew tonight. Sounds like they're having a heck of time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back