It's a sad day :(
Feb 2, 2011 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

drclaw

100+ Head-Fier
Today, The White Stripes have announced that they are no more.  
frown.gif

http://thirdmanrecords.com/

May their legacy live on.

Feb 2, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #3 of 14
Sad, but hopefully a sign of the birth of something new!  Either that, or increased output from another project.

I doubt Jack White is going to stop playing and performing, so we'll have to see what new comes of this.

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 14
A little bummed, yet they sounded a little tired the last couple of albums. So I say good on them. Leave 'em wanting more.

Anyway, they'll get back together or at least reunite eventually. Most do. Boats don't pay for themselves you know. 

Feb 3, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #7 of 14
Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if they turn out another album or several down the road. Bands get back together. Problems today don't always look like problems after a few years. We'll see.

Now, if one of them died, I'd be upset.

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #8 of 14
I'm a couple of days late (but hey, I havent been on HF for about a month).

To me The White Stripes made some of the most beautiful music of the last decade. I wish I had the opportunity to see them live :frowning2:

Feb 3, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #10 of 14
I was hooked on them after seeing them in 2002... Only got to see them once again at a festival which wasn't quite the same, but, I can credit my infatuation with music to the White Stripes.

*sniff*

So long...

And oh, The Dead Weather and The Raconteurs have never held a candle to the Stripes. But, of course, IMO.

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #11 of 14
Sad news indeed. 

Lets hope they come out with a new musical project. 

Feb 5, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #12 of 14
This thread is funny to me.  I mean, this is a brother/sister band; its not like they'll never talk to one another again.  As UE said, the likelihood that they'll do something later on is probably pretty good.  Also, I doubt this will have any impact on the amount of work Jack puts out.  It's probably more Meg going "come on, how much longer do I have to do this for?" kind of thing. (despite the fact that the announcment says otherwise) Is it sad? maybe a little, but really if just means that Jack's 'side projects' can get more attention.  I really don't see that much of a negative here. 

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
This thread is funny to me.  I mean, this is a brother/sister band; its not like they'll never talk to one another again.  As UE said, the likelihood that they'll do something later on is probably pretty good.  Also, I doubt this will have any impact on the amount of work Jack puts out.  It's probably more Meg going "come on, how much longer do I have to do this for?" kind of thing. (despite the fact that the announcment says otherwise) Is it sad? maybe a little, but really if just means that Jack's 'side projects' can get more attention.  I really don't see that much of a negative here. 

Actually they're not brother/sister, they're ex-spouses. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back