IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Jan 11, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #376 of 669
I noticed some guys have issues with disconnecting mmcx connectors in general. Use the fingernail technique @davidmolliere mentioned. If you are not careful of taking out cables this will happen to no matter what earphones your taking the cables out of. In general if I like a certain cable on a phone I generally leave it on there but I am guilty of destroying some mmcx earphones myself.

Over the years I have figured out a more gentler way of taking and inserting cables. Being careful goes a long ways however.

Been searching about the 'fingernail technique' couldn't find a post from @davidmolliere for the explanation. Would appreciate it if you could tell

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #377 of 669
Ya so you want to get a firm grip of the housing of the iem. I generally fist it meaning I use the entirety of my hand only exposing the mmcx side. This takes a bit of finger nails so you have to have some. Take fore finger of opposite hand and use middle finger as well and thumb nails to the connector. Squeeze in between the connector and it should pop out for you. This way your not pulling the cable in a strange angle loosening the connector housing which is what causes shortages to happen.

If the connector is especially difficult. Try gently turning the male end of the cable and your nails should do the trick.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #378 of 669
Been searching about the 'fingernail technique' couldn't find a post from @davidmolliere for the explanation. Would appreciate it if you could tell

Because I didn’t label this and it’s probably not even my technique but @Dsnuts explained it perfectly and it helped me with very tight connectors in the past. I just did this and found it worked well without applying force.

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #379 of 669
I was able to cable roll finally using this technique on the IT01s. You guys that just bought them will notice how tight the cable is on first insertion. No worries. Use this finger nail technique and you should be golden. It is basically a wedge technique to dislodge a tight connection.

I noticed after doing this the cable is no longer so tight on the housing. It is only on the very first insertion it seems to be really tight.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #380 of 669
Jan 11, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #381 of 669
Cool. Read the review. Crazy good for the price and even much higher, the IT01s but don't forget to let them burn in. They open up more, resolution improves and smooths out the the bass is better articulated. Love the feel also, light and small.

Tried some medium CP145 Spinfits today. Not bad but I don't think better than the stock wide bore medium size. Also, I find that the stock tips are more comfortable and I don't notice them in my ears but after a few minutes, I notice the Spinfits, so for me, not worth it and besides, I don't hear any sound improvements.

Jan 11, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #382 of 669

Damn, I thought I searched, but got IT01 thread instead of IT01s, thus posted in there :D Thanks for copying over my IT01s Review link here.

@jamato8 indeed John, burn in is necessary, but I do this automatically with any IEM, regardless of drivers. Just let it play in a loop for a week and then start sound evaluation. Btw, are you going next month to CJ NYC?

Jan 11, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #384 of 669
Damn, I thought I searched, but got IT01 thread instead of IT01s, thus posted in there :D Thanks for copying over my IT01s Review link here.

@jamato8 indeed John, burn in is necessary, but I do this automatically with any IEM, regardless of drivers. Just let it play in a loop for a week and then start sound evaluation. Btw, are you going next month to CJ NYC?
No but going to AXPONA in April and Steve will be there! Are you going?

Jan 11, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #385 of 669
I will be reviewing IT-01S very soon as well :)

Just got the package today, and MAN, ARE THEY BEAUTIFUL!!!

The build quality is exceptional, package is exceptional, I love how iBasso manages to make them feel premium, even though they are at a pretty affordable price

---First impressions coming soon---

Jan 11, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #386 of 669
Jan 11, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #387 of 669
I take back what I said about the Spinfit. Not sure yet if they are better than the stock tips but the sound is a little different and really good. Excellent depth and width and dynamic mods. Very much enjoying Van Morrison Into the Music, "It Is Too Late To Stop Now". Fun stuff. Wonderful voicing!

Jan 12, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #388 of 669
I will be reviewing IT-01S very soon as well :)

Just got the package today, and MAN, ARE THEY BEAUTIFUL!!!

The build quality is exceptional, package is exceptional, I love how iBasso manages to make them feel premium, even though they are at a pretty affordable price

---First impressions coming soon---

Hi @Dobrescu George,

Hope you are enjoying them as much as the rest of us.

Looking forward to your review as well.

Your opinion is valued & interesting.

Keep up the good work !

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 12, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #389 of 669
Hi all on the IT 01s thread,

Just my humble two cents,

Been listening to the IT 01s for a week odd now & have to say subjectively & personally, it sits nicely between IT 01 & IT 04 on the scale if there was one which in my book is pretty good.

I am well pleased with the sound which for me is the most important thing.

I agree with @twister6 it scales very well but then in my humble, subjective opinion, all the IT family does scaling very well.

Well done, @Paul - iBasso & iBasso Team, another great product which will serve me well for a long time to come.

Hope everyone has a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back