IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Jan 15, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #406 of 669
Hello guys, i'm currently using Sony ier-m9 for Prog Metal, Thrash, Metal and some Classical Rock genre. I'm looking for a good flat/neutral iem for going out (I'm not a basshead). Is the it01s good for my taste? Thank you verymuch ^^

Are you kidding me? You already have new TOTL iem, why digging below??

Jan 15, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #409 of 669
As long as it has 2.5mm balanced out.

Their partner in Spain, in the product page, states:
  • Cable balanceado de 2.5mm con conexión MMCX
Which means balanced 2.5mm cable with MMCX connection, so I guess I'd need to use a 2.5mm to 4 pin XLR adapter...and I hate these. I guess MMCX to 4 pin XLR should exist too...no idea about that.

Jan 15, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #410 of 669
It comes with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter

Jan 15, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #412 of 669
Different enough to own. Much more refined and better balanced than the IT01 and just as enjoyable as the IT04. Dynamics does what dynamics do best. Excellent bass and nice detiled mids to treble. Worth owning especially if your a fan of Ibasso in ears.

Jan 15, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #413 of 669
I can tell you that these sound fantastic. I have switched from using the IT04 to the IT01s for my daily commute. They bring out a whole new level of enjoyment!

Jan 15, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #414 of 669
OK, 200+ hours now and fitted with an RHA T Series reference nozzle/filter, just perfect for EDM/psytrance.

I bought a T Series filter set from RHA through Amazon, it's just another £15 inc. shipping and well worth it IMO, not sure of availability outside of UK however.

Jan 15, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #415 of 669
OK, 200+ hours now and fitted with an RHA T Series reference nozzle/filter, just perfect for EDM/psytrance.
I bought a T Series filter set from RHA through Amazon, it's just another £15 inc. shipping and well worth it IMO, not sure of availability outside of UK however.

You mean you use filters for the RHA T series on the IT01S?
Pictures please and how does it affect sound?

Jan 15, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #416 of 669
You mean you use filters for the RHA T series on the IT01S?
Pictures please and how does it affect sound?

100_1779.jpg

Sorry, poor pic quality, best I could do. Yes RHA T series filters fit perfectly on the IT01s, same diameter, same spacing and angle of the screw but adds ~5mm to the length of the nozzle which is quite a bit.

Treble Filter: more or less identical or very similar to default..
Reference Filter (pictured): Warm and non fatiguing signature retaining a good deal of upper treble detail/sparkle. Excellent for EDM/Psy IMO.
Bass Filter: Too dark and muffled for my taste.

Jan 15, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #417 of 669
Different enough to own. Much more refined and better balanced than the IT01 and just as enjoyable as the IT04. Dynamics does what dynamics do best. Excellent bass and nice detiled mids to treble. Worth owning especially if your a fan of Ibasso in ears.

Yesterday i decided to buy one from the retailer store, no testing, just blind buying. The sale man said that this it01s is super hype product right now, and there was only one left for me to buy. Totally got impressed by the mid and treble, bass has the better control than IT01, unfortunately my English is not good enough to express in detail. But i have to say if the IT01 is 1/10, IT04 is 10/10, then IT10S definitely deserves the position 7/10 (No burn in yet). No regret buying this one, another great IEM from iBasso.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #418 of 669
Plugged the IT01s in my stock BGVP6 DM6 cable and it sounds fine, left and right have a balance volume. The Ibasso stock cable is defective in my case...
Now who should I contact Penon or iBasso??

First Penon, then iBasso. I'm saying this because iBasso can totally fix it for you, but since Penon was the seller, they may be the first line to call.

Hello guys, i'm currently using Sony ier-m9 for Prog Metal, Thrash, Metal and some Classical Rock genre. I'm looking for a good flat/neutral iem for going out (I'm not a basshead). Is the it01s good for my taste? Thank you verymuch ^^

They may be very fun for you! :)

Since I haven't heard IER-M9, it is a bit hard to say if they are precisely what you're looking for and how they compare... :)

So these are provided with balanced cables too? As in I could plug them into a Topping DX7s balanced headphone output directly? Thanks!

Yes, you can use them as balanced, if you have the proper adapters :)

---

I just love iBasso's approach with including a balanced cable, then a 3.5mm single ended adapter. This really makes the best of both worlds, and makes the world a much better place! :)

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #419 of 669
Yesterday i decided to buy one from the retailer store, no testing, just blind buying. The sale man said that this it01s is super hype product right now, and there was only one left for me to buy. Totally got impressed by the mid and treble, bass has the better control than IT01, unfortunately my English is not good enough to express in detail. But i have to say if the IT01 is 1/10, IT04 is 10/10, then IT10S definitely deserves the position 7/10 (No burn in yet). No regret buying this one, another great IEM from iBasso.

You buy expensive iems like buying burgers on the corner of the street lol

Jan 16, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #420 of 669
First Penon, then iBasso. I'm saying this because iBasso can totally fix it for you, but since Penon was the seller, they may be the first line to call.

They may be very fun for you! :)

Since I haven't heard IER-M9, it is a bit hard to say if they are precisely what you're looking for and how they compare... :)

Yes, you can use them as balanced, if you have the proper adapters :)

---

I just love iBasso's approach with including a balanced cable, then a 3.5mm single ended adapter. This really makes the best of both worlds, and makes the world a much better place! :)

I have to ship cable + IT01s back to Penon sadly, can't just send the cable, iBasso policy it seems..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back