IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Jan 8, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #346 of 669
As much as you can just sit back, breath and then put on music you love, and Enjoy the Music!

That's exactly what I've been doing today! :)
Experimenting with DSD files and the IT01s. They are sensitive and detailed enough to really display the improvement in detail and separation I got when going from 16/44 FLAC to DSD 64!
The music sounded.. just.. incredible :D

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #347 of 669
Exactly what I meant, harshness disapearing in the highs is a change but it is not a change of sound signature yet some people will feel that treble has "evened out" when in fact it remains at exactly the same level/loudness but is just nicer and perceived as less elevated..

I used to be a non-believer in burnin until I had to give my MA750s in RMA.
New unit came in about 4-5 working days, and they sounded completely different to what I sent for RMA, though they did end up sounding similar to the previous pair after 50-70hrs of burnin, initial sound was definitely completely different to what I was expecting as I popped them into my ear OTB.

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #348 of 669
I still have a hard time understanding why burn in and cables are such a touchy subject. It's really obvious on more than a few iems. It's not voodoo or black magic, its simple physics, and you can test it out for yourself in the less than a week where burn in is concerned, and seconds with cables.
Trust your ears, even if some list says this us an F or C or whatever.

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #349 of 669
New unit came in about 4-5 working days, and they sounded completely different to what I sent for RMA, though they did end up sounding similar to the previous pair after 50-70hrs of burnin, initial sound was definitely completely different to what I was expecting as I popped them into my ear OTB.
agree, i had them too, right out the box was punishment to listen to them, harsh and splashy, but after a couple of day they became listenable
also the Nighthawks, they changed after a couple of days, but they have driver with stiff surround on them

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #350 of 669

I have found this phenomenon with two sets of the echobox Finder. I compared one with over 300 hours of use vs. another set new out of the box. I did a direct A/B comparison using the same set of eartips. There was a significant difference in timbre between the units, treble harshness and less apparent soundstage in the new unit vs. the experienced unit as the main sonic differences. It is impossible for this difference to be brain burn. The test was rapid A/B testing, about 30 seconds to switch. I approached the test with an open mind, so bias was minimized. I have done the same test with a new and an experienced Final Audio Heaven III units. There was no discernible difference in timbre between those units. My conclusion is that some earphones absolutely burn in and some absolutely do not burn in.

Another issue I have with the burn in naysayers is that they compare FR graphs as proof to deny burn in. There is much more to music than just frequency response. For example, compare the timbre of a flute vs. an oboe vs. a piano playing the same C note (same frequency)...

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #352 of 669
Lets take this "Burn-in or not" subject to sound science threads please. Enough of that!

Jan 9, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #353 of 669
I am look forward to get IT01s, now I have Echobox Finder with me, if anyone can provide comparison please?
my DAP is Shanling M0 and Sony NW A55 I listened mainly, Prog Rock, Metal and Jazz

Jan 9, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #354 of 669
Jan 9, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #355 of 669
I guess after 1 week of listening with this it01s, I can say it has been a pleasure listening to it. Good with metal jazz blues rock and pop music . Its OK ok with classical . I haven't had the kanas Pro so I can't compare it side by side. But this is definitely an upgrade to the it01 with high resolution in mind.

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #356 of 669
I am look forward to get IT01s, now I have Echobox Finder with me, if anyone can provide comparison please?
my DAP is Shanling M0 and Sony NW A55 I listened mainly, Prog Rock, Metal and Jazz

Should be in just about every way an upgrade on the Finder. Finders can be bought for $50 on MD now a days and I feel when they were first released they were not worth the asking price but for the $50 it is a good deal. The It01s is way more engaging and has a great combination of technicalities and musicality to really let you enjoy your music. Musical is not how I would decribe the Finders. It is more on the analytical side of sound and I am familiar with their tuning and it is not the most engaging type of sound. Your gonna get a fullness and mids you were missing from the Finders. This will be the biggest difference. It will be more of a complete dynamic sound experience over the Finders.

After burn in that is.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #357 of 669
Anyone care to chime in on a comparison between these and the pinnacle P1?.

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #358 of 669
Much better bass for one. Your actually gonna get a real bass kick and low sub bass rumble that is almost void on the P1. Mids have similar clean imaging and clarity here vs the IT01s. Treble is cleaner and less peaky on the IT01s. Stage is similar width but IT01 will win in depth. If you wanted a more P1 with just as much detail in the bass area as the mids with even a more refined treble that is what the IT01s is.

It is a much more complete sound vs the Pinnacle P1 and better tuned.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #359 of 669
Just received my pair tonight! They arrived in exactly 7 days after ordering, regular shipping, that's what I call a great customer experience, thanks Penon! 20190109_193513.jpg

Jan 10, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #360 of 669
Much better bass for one. Your actually gonna get a real bass kick and low sub bass rumble that is almost void on the P1. Mids have similar clean imaging and clarity here vs the IT01s. Treble is cleaner and less peaky on the IT01s. Stage is similar width but IT01 will win in depth. If you wanted a more P1 with just as much detail in the bass area as the mids with even a more refined treble that is what the IT01s is.

It is a much more complete sound vs the Pinnacle P1 and better tuned.
you pretty much summed up every shortcoming of the P1. Placed an order through Penon last week, should get these in the coming days.
Thanks for chiming in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back