Isone Pro - the best thing you could ever get for your headphones on your computer
Feb 17, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #481 of 963

Quote:
I agree with the first part that the Isone's downside outweighs the speaker-like experience.  As for the HD 800's transients being smeared compared to the LCD-2?  ROFL

Didn't mean to offend you.  We all do hear differently after all. 
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #482 of 963

Quote:
Didn't mean to offend you.  We all do hear differently after all. 

Lol, riding everything off as subjective upon individual hearing.  That's a good cop-out and all, but our hearing doesn't vary so much as to alter our perception of technical aspects like this.  One of these days, I'm gonna hear someone say the Beats are more detailed than the Hd800 and ride that off as individual hearing variation too. Are you gonna make my dream come true?

Feb 20, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #483 of 963
So I've been trying out the VST, and so far it works well with my Sennheiser HD280's. On the other hand, Isone just doesn't seem to work well with my Ultrasone 2500's. Not sure if it's the "S-logic" technology already being employed by the headphones, but even after messing around with the Isone settings, the 2500's just don't seem to sync well with the software like the HD280's do.

Oh, and also, using Isone with my Beyer DT48's doesn't work either. I'm not sure if it's the headphones, but when dialing in settings in Isone, the sound coming from the headphones makes me feel like I'm adding artificial effects to the music I'm listening to. Odd, really...

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #484 of 963
anyone know if its possible to have VST applications integrated into Foobars Column/panel Layout. I want to have it there permanently instead of floating around my desktop space.

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #486 of 963
What i meant was when you adjust the VST application like isone pro or omni pro whatever, it is an external window where you edit. I was wonder if that external window can be brought into Foobar as a native menu for adjustment. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
Can't you save the VST files under documents or elsewhere so that it's not on your desktop?

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #487 of 963

Quote:
What i meant was when you adjust the VST application like isone pro or omni pro whatever, it is an external window where you edit. I was wonder if that external window can be brought into Foobar as a native menu for adjustment. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah, I see.  Sorry, I don't have any experience with Foobar.

JRiver Media Center integrates it though and is an incredible media player, IMO.  You can try it for a month for free and see how you like it.  The purchase price is $50 so it's fairly reasonable should you like it.

Apr 3, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #489 of 963
I just downloaded TB Isone today - what a quality product!

It has completely changed my headphone-listening experience so much that I I'm now feeling that my initial goal for investing in headphones (to have an ongoing experience of listening to music via headphones that sounded like I was in the audience at a live performance or listening to a playback in a high-end studio) has been pretty much fulfilled. With the LCD-2, TB Isone, and a few other components, I'm feeling like my headphone-related-purchases are probably at an end. (phew! :)

A few days ago, further to a thread started here by Lunatique (thank you), I EQ'd my LCD-2 rev.2 to a neutral setting using Audio Hijack Pro and the Apple parametric EQ plugin. It was like a veil had been lifted from the LCD-2 that was a lot more revealing of the treble details that I had wanted to hear a lot of the time since purchasing it. The sound was still a little bit harsh to my ears though, mainly because of the wide stereo panning and intensity of the LCD-2 sound.

Soon after my headphones were EQ'd, I discovered TB Isone and then spent a few hours trying to get it to work on my Mac with the full set of features (more on that later). So far - and with little monetary expenditure - I've partially succeeded and for now have decided to enjoy the best configuration I've discovered with Isone. :)

I saw some questions in this thread from other Mac users who had difficulty getting TB Isone to work, so here's my current configuration in the hope that it helps those in need:

I currently use iTunes as my main music player and my system audio is routed to Audio Hijack Pro with which I use the AUParametricEQ to neuralize the LCD-2. I copied the Isone plugins to my system audio plugin folder and Audio Hijack Pro recognized the plugin but wouldn't load it. I remedied that problem by using a free app call VSTAU which allows Isone to be opened by Audio Hijack Pro as an AU that is currently in my Audio Hijack Pro effects chain after the parametric EQ. 

With this configuration, Isone partially works but without the graphic interface (inc. speaker selection, the HRTF level, and room type etc.) that appears when I load Isone in Audacity and Live. However there are a list of presets that I can access including different crossfeed settings, near field setup, far field setup, the neighbours etc, and that is definitely more than enough to enjoy. The Crossfeed + CRC is probably my favourite setting at the moment, but I may expriment a bit more.

I'd love to have an Isone preset with flat monitor speakers that are 1.5 - 2 meters away from me in a pretty dry room, so if anyone can make one for me, I'd really appreciate it. :)

Thanks again to Lunatique and all others who have participated in this thread!

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #493 of 963

Quote:
Quote:

Yes - you can try this one. :)

I launch this and it scans for files and crashes when it's almost done.  So, still can't use the VST TB_Isone with Audio Hijack Pro.

Apr 5, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #494 of 963

Quote:
I launch this and it scans for files and crashes when it's almost done.  So, still can't use the VST TB_Isone with Audio Hijack Pro.

Did you copy the TB plug-in folder (TB_Plugins_v2.6_OSX) to your Mac's system/audio/plug-ins/VST folder? After doing that on my Mac, VSTAU installs/uninstalls plug-ins successfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back